Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone new guy here, well at least to posting I usually just lurk around the forums, needed help with a small problem I have.

My dad purchased a used 2003 Trailblazer EXT recently that did not come with the "lowering wrench" (is that what it is called?) for the spare tire nor the jack. I've searched on Google Ebay and Amazon for a seller but no luck. I am not sure if I am naming the piece(s) I am looking for wrong and was hoping you guys could help with the actual name or a place to get it from other than a Chevrolet Dealer. He was hoping that he could just buy the actual wrench with the extender piece to be able to lower the spare not worried about the jack.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,298 Posts
Probably not a bad idea to have the jack anyway. It's when you don't that Murphy
steps in. ;)

Search eBay motors for "trailblazer jack", and you'll come up with a few options.
There are a few for less than $50, just have to hunt for 'em a bit.

Got any junkyards near you?

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Me007gold. The tools for a Trailblazer EXT are the same size as for the normal one? And no I don't have an extension that long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir Mr Christo, he has a jack already but he just doesn't like the smaller bottle jack ones. In every car/truck he has owned he carries a bigger one. Yeah there is a few we searched but non had any newer model trailblazers only the smaller blazer looking ones. Thanks for the tip.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Yes sir Mr Christo, he has a jack already but he just doesn't like the smaller bottle jack ones. In every car/truck he has owned he carries a bigger one. Yeah there is a few we searched but non had any newer model trailblazers only the smaller blazer looking ones. Thanks for the tip.
The extention would not be in any blazers, as they had thier spare mounted on the back. Try looking at pick ups, mini vans and any other vehicles that have the spare mounted under the vehicle

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
The extention would not be in any blazers, as they had thier spare mounted on the back. Try looking at pick ups, mini vans and any other vehicles that have the spare mounted under the vehicle

My daughters '94 Bravada had the spare mounted under the truck in the back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the help I just ordered the set from ebay when i searched for Trailblazer jack i guess i was searching for the wrong thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup searched everywhere. I have the EXT so it would've been on the side in the "trunk" only thing that was in that compartment was the little jack. But i ordered a set off ebay and finally was able to inspect the spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts