Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Well, I've got a problem. The plastic housing which has the gears etc to raise and lower my spare is cracked. The spare won't come down. I'll pick up a replacement piece tomorrow, but how do I get it down. Anybody deal with this before.:(

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Many previous threads. Run a search. And check the Owner's Manual for a way to release the emergency safety latch if you have that problem as well. You might have to hacksaw or torch it off if you can't get to the winch assembly bolts.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
209 Posts
The search function is your best tool! I'll give a partial help....search for a user by the name Zubius

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks

thanks, I managed to get the tire off but had to cut the bottom piece of metal which holds the tire up. then I unbolted and removed the failed actuator or whatever it would be called. I need to go the junkyard and find one that isn't broken. The plastic housing on the gearbox is broken. Very cheaply built. We love driving the vehicle (quite, comfortable, powerful.) but sure don't like trying to keep everything working. The first 50,000 miles were no fun. For now things have settled down for a while. Hopefully it will be just normal things that you expect to give you problems on a 116 k mile vehicle. I believe in buying American. But this thing sure aint been no toyota highlander, or honda pilot. My friends with those never touch them with a wrench. Keep the oil changed.. and your good to go.

GM if your out there..take note.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
13 Posts
2005 GMC Envoy Stuck spare tire

Mine stuck too. Not sure Roadside assistance will cover it. The idiot that put on the spare put it with valve stem up so now i can even air the spare. Love my Envoy even though it will not tow half of what GM says it will. Gas Milage is horrible, 14 city 16 highway.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Do your self a favor and cut it off and buy a new assembly for the spare or just keep it in the back of ur truck !( cheap easy way) ! I'm surprised yours won't tow? I pulled 8000 lbs with my tb the other day ! Tows great! Not saying that's safe tho! Send ur pcm our for a tune ! Maybe exhaust to !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts