Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious. I would love to lift my TB at some point and am doing a lot of reading to weigh my options.

I understand with stock wheels you need a spacer to increase your tire size. My question is that if the spacer kit is $365, couldn't you just get a rim with a different backspacing to achieve the same purpose? Is it just that the selection is choices are limited?

I have the 16inch stock rims and like them just fine but if a spacer kit is $365 and I can maybe get rims for $400-$500 seems to me that would make more sense and reduce 1 point of possible failure.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
I'm not a "rim/spacer" guy, but I think the trouble has been finding rims with that much backspacing, in our 6 on 5 bolt pattern...

Mike

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Is it just that the selection is choices are limited?
Yes. Most aftermarket wheels drilled for trailvoys are meant for the show and shine crowd. Not functional offroading. Closest thing to a better selection is to get 6X132 Explorer wheels redrilled by the vendor and the inserts reset to 6X127, as was previously posted about. There may be more choices in 6X132. Not as many as 6X139, for sure. But it's an option we had no idea about until very recently.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
That's why you see so many of us running around with stock wheels. Until they come out with a good aftermarket off-road wheel in our bolt pattern... it's hard to justify purchasing both spacers and wheels...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Should you want to buy a set of adapters to chance the pattern from our unique 6x5" to the more common 6x5.5", I have a set from Fred that I need to get rid of. PM me, I will give you a good price to just get them out of my garage.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
I have the 16inch stock rims and like them just fine but if a spacer kit is $365 and I can maybe get rims for $400-$500 seems to me that would make more sense and reduce 1 point of possible failure.
Thats what i was contemplating, thats when i discovered the place where i got my wheels from, that made our bolt pattern with machining inserts into the wheel to make them fit the tb. I didnt want to run with the stock wheels anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts