Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wondering what is wrong with my truck - I am new and have no knowledge with cars. Everytime I hit the gas - my truck sounds like a Jet taking off. Only when i hit the gas... when i go at 60mph for awhile, it stops doing it, but then i drop speed and i can hear it again when i hit the gas.
I've read some fourm and they said that it's the fan clutch.

I am broke and have no money to repair it at the moment. I am out of state working.

My main concern is that Is this okay to still drive? I am 9 hours away from home and am driving 15 miles a day to and from work until the 22nd then driving to colorado (I am from WI)

2003 Trailblazer LT 58,000 miles v6

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
132 Posts
Ok,
So is it OK to drive then? Besides loss of power/mpgs?

Thanks,
Sean
Correct. It's basically staying on when it shouldn't. It's most likely also staying on @ 60, you just can't hear it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
559 Posts
you got it! the faster you go the less wobble it does. kinda like a hula hoop the faster you go the more it stays in position. once you stop though it wobbles again!

When the rpms stay a steady amount it wont wobble as much so i would replace it!!!. Ebay it!. I did. easy installation as well.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
mines the same!

Been having this issue for four months now. My mechanic told me what it was but havnt had the money to fix it. Finnaly I found a website where the parts are much cheaper then anywhere else, that is if you dont care if they ar4e top of the line parts or not. The website is partstrain.com, got both water pump and fan clutch for $135 with shipping. Check it out, especially if your cash strapped its worth it!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... got both water pump and fan clutch for $135 with shipping. ...
Did you get the part and did it work well? Many on-line reports that their prices are low to match their customer service skills. :no:

Many members here are very satisfied with rockauto.com for no-worry transactions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts