Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
155 Posts
Well you talked me into it. I found the 3030XL on www.ourdealsrock.net for $149.99 and free 2 Day FedEx shipping and just pulled the trigger. But I think I will try it with the resonator on first. I love the sound but it is a daily driver and I do like the no drone at cruising. If it's good I may put it on the Vette. I will post the install when I get it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well you talked me into it. I found the 3030XL on www.ourdealsrock.net for $149.99 and free 2 Day FedEx shipping and just pulled the trigger. But I think I will try it with the resonator on first. I love the sound but it is a daily driver and I do like the no drone at cruising. If it's good I may put it on the Vette. I will post the install when I get it.

You wont be dissapointed. Comes with some nice tiny lil white stickers that say "aero turbine" that look great on each of the far rear side windows. Lil ricer kids think its turbo'd. I as well tried it first leaving the rear resonator on, but about an hour later opt'd to remove it as well. :)

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
the 3030xl has a resonator in it, so it is slightly quieter than the standard 3030 muffler. I think is just makes it sound like an SS should. I wish I had a view of the inside of these things. The technology is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
155 Posts
FedEx delivered the exhaust at 12:45 and I had it installed and was on the road at 2PM. I did have to take the resonator off also, it just killed the sound. And let me just say this, INCREDIBLE! This thing is the best sounding exhaust out there. It's not to bad on the tollway either, very low drone. thanks to Velasquez Mufflers in Rockford for the great install. Total was $149 for the exhaust and $108 for the install.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
FedEx delivered the exhaust at 12:45 and I had it installed and was on the road at 2PM. I did have to take the resonator off also, it just killed the sound. And let me just say this, INCREDIBLE! This thing is the best sounding exhaust out there. It's not to bad on the tollway either, very low drone. thanks to Velasquez Mufflers in Rockford for the great install. Total was $149 for the exhaust and $108 for the install.
In my opinion, It sounds better than ANY other exhaust I have heard. Far cheaper than some as well. Glad you enjoy it as well!:woot::woot:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You wont be dissapointed. Comes with some nice tiny lil white stickers that say "aero turbine" that look great on each of the far rear side windows. Lil ricer kids think its turbo'd. I as well tried it first leaving the rear resonator on, but about an hour later opt'd to remove it as well. :)
You were not kidding about the ricer kids! I have been driving this all over town for 6 hrs because I just can't get over this. It's like you are in NASCAR with that tone, the sound of going 65mph to 90mph is like nothing I have ever driven in, not even my Vette. 2 kids, one in a Scion XB with a ton of Magnaflow stickers on his hatch and another in a Honda with a coffee can exhaust were trying to out rev each other in front of me in 4 lanes of traffic at a red light. First time in my 35 years of driving I did the same thing, put the pedal to the floor to let them know I was there. You never saw 2 heads whip around so fast! As a matter of fact, alot of heads turned! They were real quiet when I passed them!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You were not kidding about the ricer kids! I have been driving this all over town for 6 hrs because I just can't get over this. It's like you are in NASCAR with that tone, the sound of going 65mph to 90mph is like nothing I have ever driven in, not even my Vette. 2 kids, one in a Scion XB with a ton of Magnaflow stickers on his hatch and another in a Honda with a coffee can exhaust were trying to out rev each other in front of me in 4 lanes of traffic at a red light. First time in my 35 years of driving I did the same thing, put the pedal to the floor to let them know I was there. You never saw 2 heads whip around so fast! As a matter of fact, alot of heads turned! They were real quiet when I passed them!

Ha, Glad you know how I feel every day now! :) Good work brudda!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Hey, another Rockfordian! Welcome :thumbsup:. Glad you're happy with the sound. Going to be splitting the cat-back to true duals soon, just not sure which muffler to go with yet. Maybe I'll see you around town.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
19 Posts
has anyone put one on an I6? I had a chevy blazer with the 4.3 v6 and i had a flowmaster on it. it sounded pretty good. now i have a TB and would get the exhaust if i knew it sounded good on An I6.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey, another Rockfordian! Welcome :thumbsup:. Glad you're happy with the sound. Going to be splitting the cat-back to true duals soon, just not sure which muffler to go with yet. Maybe I'll see you around town.
Hey good to hear from you. We conversed back in March and I think you were putting an 8 rib pulley on your supercharger. I work over in Machesney Park, just a stone's throw from you. If you want to hear this exhaust just let me know. It is incredible and boy does it turn heads. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
has anyone put one on an I6? I had a chevy blazer with the 4.3 v6 and i had a flowmaster on it. it sounded pretty good. now i have a TB and would get the exhaust if i knew it sounded good on An I6.
Go onto Youtube and type in AeroTurbine exhaust. There are a ton of cars who have used this. Everything from 4 6 8 cylinder. I did not see another TB except for the SS but you can listen to other makes/models and get a good idea.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
194 Posts
x2 would love to make my trailblazer LT sound not so wimpy.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Hey good to hear from you. We conversed back in March and I think you were putting an 8 rib pulley on your supercharger. I work over in Machesney Park, just a stone's throw from you. If you want to hear this exhaust just let me know. It is incredible and boy does it turn heads. I highly recommend it.
Sounds like a plan. I've thought about the magnaflow because it would slip right in where the SLP is, but not sure I like the sound of them. I'll get in touch with you next week.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
35 Posts
Aero 3030

I removed the stock muffler and resonator,installed custom duals and the Aero 3030. I had to change the valance with one with 2 cut outs (True Blue -painted). I also added 4" chrome tips (True Blue). This is what the "SS" should sound like. This mod removes back pressure and increases gas mileage. I went from 14 to 18 MPG. If anyone is thinking of changing your exhaust, I know you would be happy with this mod.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You are not kidding about the better MPG. Just got back from the beach in Maryland and 2600 miles round trip at an average of 65-75 mph. I got 17.2 mpg and that includes going through the mountains in West VA and western MD at 70-75mph. It turned alot of heads in DC where you will only see little Jap cars all day long. It's already paying for itself and I could not be happier!

·
Registered
2008 chevy
35 Posts
Aero Turbine

Thanks for the feedback. After I posted the better gas milage from 14 to 18 MPG, I thought that everyone would think that this was an exaggeration. I think that if I had read about someone increasing their milage by that much,I don't think I would have believed it. In addition, the sound is exactly what I was looking for and better than I hoped.
Did you put on duels or stay with the single exhaust?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
10 Posts
Gotta Love TrailVoy, taking the plunge. I found a 3030xl on ebay for 120.00 shipped. By next week MYTOYSS will be sporting the Aero Exhaust note.

Thanks folks for the great information.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
222 Posts
Video

The video has become password protected. Can't get in. Would love to hear the sound. Good exhausts will get better gas mileage, just depends on whether the right foot likes the noise too much ....

·
Registered
155 Posts
The video has become password protected. Can't get in. Would love to hear the sound. Good exhausts will get better gas mileage, just depends on whether the right foot likes the noise too much ....
Would love to download a video of mine but can't seem to get it from photobucket to here. Anybody know how to do this?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts