Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my way into work today, I was thinking I needed more sound.... So after I got there, I decided to head to our neighbor exhaust shop and have the Res delete done. That wasnt enough for me. So I went back and had an AERO turbine 3030xl Muffler installed. Wow. When I pulled back into my shop, I had a customer come ask me "what the hell is in that thing" I just kinda laughed and said, "its bone stock, with just a lil exhaust" =) Its nasty. I dont have that soundclip that you are all or will be wanting yet. But ill get one up the next few days. Here is a few pics taken with my Phone though. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Is it up yet?

*a minute later*

Is it up yet?

*2 minutes laterr*

Is it up yet?

:p -- Looking forward to the video.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe ill take my camera to work tomorrow... in the meantime, you can check out their website. They have some soundclips and such on there. I have the 3030xl, which has no baffle material in it, and is a 3inch in and out.Im still stoked. I wanna go out in the garage and start it, and its 10:15pm!! :)
-Brett

oh the website. www.aeroexhaust.com

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Sounds pretty mean :cool: just watched a few clips of them on youtube (no trailvoy however)

how much $ did it set you back?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds pretty mean :cool: just watched a few clips of them on youtube (no trailvoy however)

how much $ did it set you back?
Well since i know the guys there, I sell them tires all day long, They kinda hooked it up. I payed 275 installed. That includeds the Res Delete. The muffler itself was about 180-190 I believe. So a lil more than a flowmaster, but i didnt want the same sound everyone else had.... But to me, its worth every penny.

-Brett

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
she sounds good. a little to quiet for me but shes got a nice tone for sure.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! I love it. The video just doesn't do it justice. It's quite a bit louder and deeper than my camera shows!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2 Posts
Thanks guys! I love it. The video just doesn't do it justice. It's quite a bit louder and deeper than my camera shows!
BuckinB - When they installed the new Aero muffler they took out the 3ft resonator and replaced with straight tubing or did you replace with a smaller resonator? Thank you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BuckinB - When they installed the new Aero muffler they took out the 3ft resonator and replaced with straight tubing or did you replace with a smaller resonator? Thank you:thumbsup:
The resonator at the back was removed, and replaced with straight pipe,but the original chrome tip was saved and reused. Where that huge bulky muffler was, the Aero turbine was installed. A small amount of pipe was needed there as well, cause the Aero muffler is not as long as the stock.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
155 Posts
I have the same question, any drone? How is it on the interstate? Can you tolerate it at cruising speed? I did this once in my Vette but took it out because I could not hear anything and it was irritating. Never heard of Aero but it sounds great, not like a Flowmaster which every Mustang sounds like.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the same question, any drone? How is it on the interstate? Can you tolerate it at cruising speed? I did this once in my Vette but took it out because I could not hear anything and it was irritating. Never heard of Aero but it sounds great, not like a Flowmaster which every Mustang sounds like.
There is a small amount of drone, but not much. I would rec this set up to anyone. I occasionally drive 35 miles or so to Seattle or Bellevue from where I live, cruising at 65-70, and I don't even notice my exhaust note. But when you mash it you do. :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts