Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and im almost at 40k on the 05 tb the guy at the place pointed out to me that my trans dipstick had rusted and broken off(claimed it was a common problem on tblazers). so he reccomended that i go get a new one and on my next oil change get the tranny flushed. any ideas of where i can get the new dipstick aside from the dealer..i dont want to pay 499.99 for a stupid stick and also i tried ebay..no luck..maby i wasnt searching for the right thing?>....any imput?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Rusted and broken off on a 2005? Did he show you both parts? If you have that much water in your trans, IMHO, you have more problems than finding a new dip stick. Try Parts4Chevys.com.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I have heard of the dipsticks rusting.. But that scares me that they just noticed it.. So that means after 13 oil changes No other mechanic saw it rusting and did not inform you.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
I don't knw about rusty...but I had a '97 Intrepid that the dipstick handle broke off and left the "stick" in the hole. I had to dril out the plastic and grab it with needle nose pliers. Is this what has happened to yours? Rusted and broke off?:weird:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Before staining your pants brown for no good reason - just do the research. :bonk: It's part number 15188981, list at the dealer only $16! :tiphat $10 on-line but why bother? You gotta break the conditioning sometime. :yes: :hopeless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts