Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a JVC cd player from them to install for Carlisle and the website showed it had front preout and selectable rear/sub preouts. I get it and it only has one set of rear with makes it difficult to run what i want to run, so I call them and the guy has the nerve to tell me I got a good deal and I should just buy Y adaptors. Then tells me he will get a price and maybe a discount on them if I hold. I wait...the phone transfers to someones voicemail and I leave a message and file a report on their website.

i am yet to recieve anything back, but as of right now I am PISSED. I want to get my stereo installed asap so I can move on to the lift, but I was sold something under false pretenses and apparently they are unwilling to correct their error.

My question is..do I spend 25 bucks and send the cd player back or just deal with it and use my 3 way crossover or y adaptors?

I did get a good deal but I feel i was misled and they are unwilling to rectify the situation.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
if you didnt receive exactly what the ad stated (which you didnt) then you were misled and they have to either comply with your needs or suffer the consequences
I agree with this. Tell them that they stated this in the ad and it was their mistake, so they need to pay for all shipping to and from.

Which JVC model did you order?

I had to send mine back and they said it wasn't defective.

I fought with them for about 3 - 4 days and finally got a store credit, but I ordered the same unit and this one works just fine.

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S680

They had it for 40 w free shipping and when I read all the features it seemed perfect except it did not play mp3 but I thought would work til I decided which one I really wanted, but now I have to buy extra parts or spend 25 to ship it back. I should have used Crutchfield theyhave always done me good

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
I looked at the KD-S680 on Sonic and the pictures only show one preout... That is the one you purchased right?

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I did not look at pics...I looked at the specs and it said one front and 1 rear/sub selectable.

· Registered
846 Posts
Yes. I did not look at pics...I looked at the specs and it said one front and 1 rear/sub selectable.
Have they changed anything since you bought it? All it said when I looked was "rear/sub selectable"

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. He said he would get that changed right away, but did not offer to make good with me.

· Registered
846 Posts
Oh okay, it seems like a lot of people have different experiences with them. I bought a powered sub from them with no problems but other people have complained about service also.

· Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They have not responded to my call, message, or service request email.

I guess I am stuck. I would not worry about the cash for the cd player, but it pisses me off that they also got all the money for my wiring and install kit and I got LIED to about what they were selling.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE--AVOID SONIC ELECTRONIX if you want service, not just a product.

BEWARE--THEY FALSY ADVERTISE WHAT THEY ARE SELLING

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.