Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parting out my trailblazer, is there someone here who has taken out the airbags and the module? I want to take everything out to sell as a set, both bags and module? Any help would be appreciated I would like to take these out asap. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
i replacedk bags in a 02 tb. drivers bag is simple. too a clothes rack and popped it out.passenger took more effort.went thru glovebox and air vent. module is under center console. impact sensors are in front of truck behind bumper cover and then behind steel impact bar. two of them. but before any removal discharge power to bags by d/c battery.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the driver side work with a clothes hanger? Disconnecting power wont be a problem..

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
:eek: what happened?:eek: Did the engine compartment explode?

·
Registered
2003 chevy
85 Posts
I took a metal clothes rack and un bent it to make it straight. look behind steering wheel and you will notice two holes. push clothes rack thru holes and you will feel the bag give way if you lift bag while pushing rack. now the clockspring that is located under the bag is another story all together i didnt have to remove mine so i cant elaborate on its removal. and as far as your front impact sensors... from the pictures i would feel safe to say that they may not be salvageable. so tell us what happened to cause the truck to catch fire? the pic looks like one that was on here a while back where you were towing bikes uphill and it caught fire. Is that you? Hope that you get all the parts off before sending it to the highway in the sky. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes thats me, was towing my quads uphill and thats what happen. I dont care about the sensors, i specifically want the 2 bags and the module. I will go take a look, id like to remove them without obviously damaging anything.

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
I feel something terrible seeing that poor Trailblazer in that condition and for you for having it happen to you. GM and their stupid designs sometimes. It was the Tranny fluid that did that right? Popped the dipstick out and sprayed fluid all over the manifold. This problem i'll have to fix on mine by making the dipstick more secure. Sorry man this really sux. :worried:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yes, i should of pursued more but i dont have time to do the leg work its def. BS that it happen. Good thing it didnt take my trailer and quads up with it. Im just trying to get the most money out of whats left. I just got the bags out, hopefully passenger one will sell its smokey =[ but the fire didnt reach the inside so im sure its fine.

Now where is the module and how do i remove? Next is the differential if anyone has any insight on removing that. I need to get what i can get off it and get the thing out of my sight, its been sitting here for several months

I already got another white trailblazer, but im really not happy with it. I got it for a good deal (7500$ w/50k miles) So I should be able to flip it for a good 9500 im hoping and recoup some more costs. If anything I will consider a envoy, but possibly an armada or pathfinder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts