Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already done my cat back exhaust, vector cold air and I am getting
ready to do the headers (1 3/4, Kooks). I dont mind doing a custom grind cam, with that in mind what would be a good cam with this setup. I dont want alot of lope, I would like smooth idle (so the dealer does not think it
has been upgraded). Any thoughts would be great. Oh and I plan on doing a
reprogram.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
pcmforless has some of the best cams for ss. If you want one thats not too loud go for the "Stealth Cam". But if you want all performance go for the "Attitude" cam.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Depends on how deep you want to go. Cause the high lift cam requires stronger Springs.. With that kind of lift.. Personally I like the specs on the Steath Cam. Cause you keep a stock Valvetrain and it doesn't bring any questions, if you ever have to have the valve covers pulled.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I work for a dealership so the spring will not be an issue. I am wondering if it is work it.
9hp doesn't seem to be worth pulling the factory Springs.. You can make that up elsewhere. I have had a few Cammed Grand Prixs in my life and I always prefer the Low lift cams to Prevent Valve Float.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
If you want a really good stealthy cam i would look into a 218/220 or 220/222 duration cam with lift in the .550 range. I ran a .565" cam on stock springs for 3 years to 6200 with boost on top of that and had no problems. One thing to look out for is keep your overall duration 280 or less, and stay with a 114 LSA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts