Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking for a leveling kit for my 05 TB, and am just about settled on the RoughCountry 2" leveling kit...what do you guys think about it?

and i just read how all the Trailvoys that have lifts have to replace thier CV joints, will i have to do this?

thanx,
Rob

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Do you want to use it offroad, or look level for appearance sake?

Not ALL the lifted folks are replacing their CV shafts, but the taller the lift, the more stress there is on the stiff OEM rubber. It's a matter of statistics, and we don't have enough data yet to make a firm prediction. If I had to guess, I'd give most gentle stock folks 150-200K lifetime on their OEM CV shafts. Lifted folks who just go to the mall might get 100-120K out of them. Lifted folks who aggressively offroad a lot, might get 40-50K. At $120 for a pair of Cardone CV shafts (if you replace them yourself), that's maybe 3c per mile the CV shafts are costing you. At $3 a gallon for gas, 15 MPG, you're spending 20c a mile for fuel. Just to put it in perspective.

It's all in how much offroading or appearance is worth to you. In this sub-forum, at least, if you have a mission that demands maximum offroading performance, cost is a very secondary consideration.

On the Rough Country kit - it's so new I haven't heard of anybody installing it here. It has been hotly debated, though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
86 Posts
well if your just doing a leveling kit i dont think youll have a problem but i think it would look kinda funny with the body lines of the truck. but to each his own:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.