Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I loaded up the boys and we went to a place called Reiter Pit near Gold Bar Washington. There are tons of jeep trails and some old roads all over the place. I have been there once before with my beater S10 truck, and decided to do some exploring in the Envoy. We had gotten a little snow, so that made it a little more fun. I did not do anything extreme, but we had some fun and saw some beautiful sights! I did get some scratches that would make even the Roadie proud. There was one spot where I slid back down and rubbed into a stiff branch. Oh well, that is why I bought an SUV. Otherwise I would have just gotten a minivan! At this point my rig is bone stock, except for a tune. The stock tires were not great at all for this.

In this spot the left front wheel was off the ground. In the one with the red arrow, the circled rock was just about right under the tire, just to show how off the ground it was.

Then it was snack time!

And here are the character marks. The heavy scuffing on the rocker panel was from hunting season. The road was kelly humped pretty bad.

And then the scenery that made it an awesome day. Way up on the mountain there was an old mine shaft.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a couple from July with my S10. Ugly, huh? it is a work in progress. Actually, right now it a work waiting for me to get a shop! Then I will paint it all one color, and install the brand new 5" Rancho suspension lift I got for $300. :excited: I had my 9, 7, and 4 year old sons with me here.

Here are a couple videos from that trip. I need to go back and make more. My fuel pressure regulator is shot right now. Once it warms up a bit I'll get it fixed and do some more.

My 9 year old is the camera man and commentator. The second video is of a very steep hill that is also very rough. I tried it, but my Holley carb kept flooding out when I started bouncing any. I will get it though!!!!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I lived in Seattle for 19 years and i've never heard of that place how do you get to that place??

By the way looks like some good offroading beautiful scenery

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is just out the east side of Gold Bar, out on Hwy 2. Like you are going to Stevens Pass. It is about an hour from Everett.

I am not sure why it is not more well known. There are so many trails out there it would take a long time to see tham all. And there is everything from what I showed, to real hard core rock crawling. Just do a youtube search for "Reiter Pit." There are tons of videos there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts