Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fixed it...there is really a hair line crack at the bend of the line...GM shouldn't put bends in it because of possible fracture......careful consideration is needed when removing the fusebox...along with drilling out the lip for the screw bolts hole...i used a hammer and the a 1/2 drill for drillling out the lip where the screw bolts in at the plastic...once you have access i slightly removed the wire and it peeled until the break happened...20 gauge door bell wire is the fix removing the wire out of its casing...and pressing the wire in the groove require a little finese. But im happy thats done...now i have to get this governor taken off so i can go over 110mph.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Fuse Block

What was this repair done on? My 2003 Ext 4x4 V8 is exibiting all the signs I can find that sounds like the broke wire in the fuse block. I see a lot of these repairs on 05 & 06 SSs, but haven't seen them on non-SS models. Mine starts, runs fine, then in a few minutes, it just dies, no codes. Won't restart for a while, then starts, runs fine, dies. I found another fuse block on eBay, it's on it's way. Thanks for any info you can give me.:thx

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It has to do do with the internals of the fuse box...is a small break in the copper wire that cause it to heat up and shrink...after it cools it expands back together....the manufacturer of this part to me made a small error in the design of these fuse boxes. As you can see in my photo..they have the routing of this copper wire bend where as they could have just keep it straight to the other fuse pin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuse Block

Was the repair on a SS model, 05-06? My 03 Ext V8 exibits the symtoms that points at the broken wire. Was just curious what model you found this problem on. I've been messing with it for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2006 envoy xl denali 5.3l

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuse Block

Thanks for the fast reply. Even though your's is in the year models of most of the failures, it at least lets me know it happens on other models too. Thanks and have a nice day.

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the fast reply. Even though your's is in the year models of most of the failures, it at least lets me know it happens on other models too. Thanks and have a nice day.
I believe its all models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts