Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
my 2002 TB tranny was doing strange stuff like hard shifting and late shifting when the engine gets to operational condition
when it is cold it works ok

so i take it to a tranny shop and they diagnosed that the temp sensor reads 300F instead of 160F even when the engine was cold
they said that the PCM line that goes to the sensor and suppose to have 5v , is giving around 2v when it gets hot
so they sad they need to replace the PCM, i am waiting for a quote,

Is there any recommendations to where to get a PCM fro my TB
i found this place that charges 99 for one but you need to tell them your VIN number so they flash it
no core swap, you can keep your old PCM
i do not know if that online seller is ok

any good places to get one ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i got a junkyard pcm for 20 and it is working like new
you need to follow the relearn steps below, works like a charm
SECURITY RELEARN :
1. Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.
2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.
3. Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)
4. Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.
5. When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for 10 seconds.
6. Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just printed that out..... thanks.

If you need help on a ROKU TV, let me know. Its approximately the same moves plus you have to hop on your left foot three times counterclockwise with a bag of potato chips in your right hand.

The brand of the chips doesn't matter.

Reactions: rolo95
1 - 6 of 6 Posts