Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all! I had posted a question a while back and never got a reply. However, I remember looking through quite a few threads with similar issues without any solutions either. I just figured mine out. This was one of the dumber reasons for a problem. Basically, after swapping in a new motor, I had two codes: P060E and P2101. These are both related to the throttle body. I checked and replaced all of my spark plugs, coil packs were tested and good, throttle body tested and good, fuel injectors cleaned, fuel filter and pump checked and good. I could get it to crank but it wouldn't fire. I pulled the fuel rail and checked to make sure they were firing. They would fire, but inconsistently. It took quite a bit more digging to figure out what a dumb mistake it was.

The throttle body and the fuel rail both have the exact same connector (7 prong plug that clips in). While hastily putting the top end back together, I mixed the two up. The result: throttle body codes, and very weird signals being sent to the fuel injector. I just switched the plugs, and it fired right up with no codes. I'm only posting this because I had seen a few people encountering the same issue, and I couldn't find a solution. Hope this saves someone time if they made the same stupid mistake I did...

TLDR: Throttle body and fuel rail have identical plugs. Make sure you don't have them flipped or weird things will happen.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
you just solved my issue. i had the exact same problem, now i feel like the south end of a north bound mule. lol. thanks much for the post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts