Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer re-flashed my module to update an AC problem. It worked for 10 days or so driving in moderate temperature (68-78 degrees). Things warmed up today in So. Cal and got it out in 90 degree weather and it promptly shut down. Air blowing hot, no compressor running. Back to the dealer I guess. Really frustrating. Any ideas. 2002 Envoy, SLT, 149K miles. c good

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Well you've ruled out the PCM flash to try and fix the a/c cutout. It sounds like maybe your problem is a little more involved. I.e. a/c line pressure too high or too low. You have to know a little about a/c systems and how they work, but the ambient temperature makes a big difference in a/c line pressures. Probably why its working in the 60's & 70's and not working in the 90's.

Methinks you need to find a reputable a/c shop or a competent dealer, because your problem sounds a little more involved than the pcm.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
FWIW, I had a trans cooler line rust through on my 2002 Envoy.

What does this have to do with this thread you ask? :undecided

Well, I decided to check all of my lines (trans cooler, p.steering, brake) and found that my A/C lines up in the engine bay, on the driver side (IIRC) are rotting too :worried: It wont be long, Im sure, maybe in the next 6-12 months that it will be leaking R-134a. Bummer deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts