Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 XUV takes long stopping distance and vague pedal feel despite low miles (15K). Has anyone had same problem and changed the pads and/or rotors with noticeable improvement? [email protected]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My reply can go a lot of different ways here ---- brakes are nothing about which to play......

"Long stops" and "vague pedal feel" are classic signs of a failed front brake system.

By that I mean that your front brakes - where approximately 70% of your stopping power is - ain't working.

Is there a fully-looking little light on the dash that says: " BRAKE SYSTEM" (or words to that effect?) and how about the good ol' ABS light --- is it on too?

Do these lights come ON and self-test when you first start the engine?
They should come on - but if you've got your Parking Brake ON - the "Brake" light should be on until you release it.​

There are supposed to be 3-levels of brightness on the BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE LIGHT OR (whatever words in that category with Canadian cars having a "wot" on the dash for their comfort to match the sillimetric speedometer they insist on using --- but I digress ) and IIRC:

The LOWEST BRIGHTNESS is for LOW BRAKE FLUID.​
The NEXT BRIGHTER - or middle brilliance light---> if it is ON is for: PARKING BRAKE IS ON.​
The BRIGHTEST BRILLIANCE IS FOR "your brake system has had a partial failure and if you don't pay attention to this warning, your brakes will be soft, ineffective and if the last set of brakes also fails - you're gonna die and perhaps take a busload of nuns coming back from a wine tasting party with you."​
.... and HEY youse guys - don't get me riled 'cause I ain't had my meds yet and I know how to use it! ..............'n Canadians are NOT on my Happy List right now either ........ and I need more coffee too ............ and Mister Rogers did NOT adequately prepare me for people in my neighborhood!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts