Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Stick with it Joe! :thumbsup: If you are half as stubborn as Warren says you are then you will survive :x I mean focused .... um yes that's the word ...:excited:

Good luck man!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
61 Posts
ya man... smoking sucks. im quitting too cold turkey
had one or two so far... at least i've been cutting down from a pack a day!!!

P.S. don't u find it funny that u don't c the money that u spend for smokes?
i've been spending my "smoke" $ on lottery tickets instead

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
I quit around 2002. Took a long time to get to the point where I didn't feel like I needed it. Stick with it Joe, its good for you. Besides.... it made you smell really really bad!!!:dielaugh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I will pray for Julie.. Joe will be going though Male PMS...
:p:p:p

But quiting is a good thing Joe.. My Mother-in-law quit smoking after 25 years. She has been smoke free for the past 12 months. She said she did it for the Baby, cause she wants to be around to enjoy her.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well it has been over 12 hours and still havent had one....even after waking up @ 5Am for a Red Cross response. I did find myself looking for a smoke, but I didnt have any, so I pressed on the patch. I hear that helps to get rid of the craving. Seemed to work.....so far so good.

Thanks for all of the support guys!! I really do appreciate it

George, Julie says THANK YOU for the prayers... she says so far I havent been "to bad" :eek:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Good luck with quiting I know you can do it!! Just everytime you want to ASK for one or just buy a pack to get 1 cigarrette just tell yourself no it's not worth it.

For me i eat sunflower seeds like a mother :laugh: but it worked for me

Good luck brother :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
I hope you continue your quest without too much difficulty. I started smoking at age 14, smoked for over 40 years, and quit November 14, 1984--nearly 25 years ago. I've certainly never had any regrets. However, not to scare you but inform others who may be contemplating quitting, I'm now 80 years old and just recently was diagnosed with COPD--a combination of emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Guess what might have caused that?

This will be one of the best things you ever did for yourself and your family!

C.B.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
321 Posts
You can do it. I've been smoke free since memorial day last year after quitting cold turkey. It was easier the first 3 days since I was around people I didn't smoke near. After that I just never lit another one. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
957 Posts
Good for you! I quit last day of September 2001. It is tough, but you CAN do it, and for your health's sake, you MUST do it.

If you are interested, I think I have previously posted a lengthy bit on this site about what methods I used to be successful. The patch was for sure a big part of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't immediately quit smoking and replaced the cigarette with a vape. Now I rarely vape and only nicotine-free liquids. I know that many people were able to quit using a vape or an electronic cigarette. But this will not be a quick process. I know that it's very difficult to find high-quality and legal vaping oil. I often use this portal https://vаpingdаily.com/ to find a description of new legal products and buy something really worthwhile. I know that some people make vape oil on their own, but I'm usually too lazy for this, so I choose a ready-made option. Perhaps this will help you quit smoking.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts