Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Best of luck Joe. My last cigerette was on April 30, 2000. You won't believe how much your quality of life will improve.:yes:

To sum it up in three words...it's worth it!

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Weight gain is not automatic. I didn't start gaining weight until I married Julie.:x

Did I really say that?:rotfl:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
326 Posts
Good luck to you sir!! :thumbsup: I have made it a point to stop smoking, my day is the 16th...and I cant wait!! I am going to try cold turkey and see what happens :weird:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
I wish you the best of luck Fish. I've smoked for 36 years and quitting is not easy. With cigs in Illinois going up $1.70 a pack :mad:, they're making it easier to quit. Hopefully I'll be joining you soon. Grit you teeth, hang tough, and kick it. :yes:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish you the best of luck Fish. I've smoked for 36 years and quitting is not easy. With cigs in Illinois going up $1.70 a pack :mad:, they're making it easier to quit. Hopefully I'll be joining you soon. Grit you teeth, hang tough, and kick it. :yes:

That was another deciding factor.. they went up almost a dollar a pack here too. Thanks for the wishes!!

I agree. Put your smoke money in a jar. Save for that hood, or some coilovers, or a maggie. Something ridiculous
Something close to that at least! :laugh:

and with that.. my last one is GONE!!!! I have officially quit....:ugh::worried:

I am quickly going to bed now......

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Good Luck Joe. :tiphat
I quit about 23 years ago. I told my spouse at the time that I wanted to quit so I could do some more scuba diving, however I was going to use the extra money to buy equipment. So I made a bet with my spouse that if I ever started smoking again she could sell all of my scuba gear and keep the money.

Funny thing,:undecided I never started smoking again but I had to buy all of my gear back from her in the divorce...... :duh:
(both were well worth it) :laugh:

Come on Tom, you said quitting was easy. You did it 30 or 40 times... :crackup::raspberry

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts
I started smoking when I was still in grade school in '64'.

By the time I quit I was only smoking 1/2 pack a day. That was in Mar. of
'72', just before I bought my first new car.

I was walking into work one day with a sore throat & lit one up. Every time I'd take a drag it felt like someone was rubbing the inside of my throat with 80 grit sant paper. I tossed the rest of teh pack & lighter on the roof of the building & quit.

It wasn't easy and while the weight gain was slow it came. It was real hard being around people who did smoke too.

The biggest difference was about 1 mo. after I quit I bought my first new car. Still had the old one & drove it a bit. Talk about smell! That interior stank from the smoke.

After I got married & we bought our first house from a family of smokers & drinkers. We were washing down the walls before repainting. The water from the living room was brown. The fresh paint in the kitchen just started to peel off ('course that was cause they didn't wash the cooking grease from the walls).

While it will be hard you can do it! You just have to decide that you will & stick with it.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Joe, I wish you the best of luck with this. Stay strong brother and we're all here rooting for you. My grandma smoked for at least 70 years before she quit. Failed at least twice in my 19 years of life and quit last year after suffering a stroke and minor memory loss. All she forgot was that she smoked, she looks much healthier now but its not worth it, the damage to her body has been done.

Good luck, we're always here!:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts