Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TB may be getting totaled, the initial estimate is 5604.00 the blue book on the truck is only 5400 in good condition. This sucks, hopefully they will save it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Don't always go by Blue Book. In order to total a vehicle, the damage needs to exceed a certain percentage of the ACV (Retail Value) of the the vehicle......doesn't Blue Book indicate trade value?

Even then, insurers can alternately work an average of comparable vehicles within the area, to determine its TMV (True Market Value) to compare to the repair costs. If they're close, the adjuster may be willing to give your the value and allow you to have it fixed. (Depends on the company).

Good Luck

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
In Illinois, "Totaled" is 74 or 75% of retail. The kicker is that your insurance company can pay you the retail or the actual repair cost, whichever is lower. This was about 7 years ago when my car was 8 bucks away from being totaled..... so I kicked a taillight out.... Totaled!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its geico, I looked up private party, thats 7775, 75% of that is 5831, they were at 5604, they said they were doing a tear down to see if anything else was wrong with it to see if they could total it. Looks like they are scrubbin around to find 200 worth of stuff. I hope they don't find it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
i would talk to them and see if u can grab some of ur custom stuff off there and maybe let them total and look to pick up a newer one... hell if it was me i would let them total it only if i can get my custom **** out of the truck.. otherwise i would then have a fit..:hissy:.... get a newer one just like urs or better and then put ur old stuff on ur newer truck... it aint easy letting them total ur truck but if u can get things to go your way.. u mite come out on the top side...

before the accident lets say u wanted to upgrade to a newer one.. u would get 2k trade in and say u find one for 10k u have to pay 8k... but if they total this and give u the 5-6k u can get that one for alot cheaper then... now i know we all dont have that money just laying around.. but sometime its worth it to try and work it out... now wouldnt it be nicer to find one with a V8 with a locker.... :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting all my stuff out of the car, the roof rack, the lights, everything that isn't OEM or pivotal to the truck being salvaged. I am going to see if i can swap my rims and tires for the ones on whatever else i buy.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
Did you look into buying the "totaled" wreck off of them after the fact ? ............ I Know somebody that got to keep HIS R/A firebird for less than what the 6spd. trans was worth.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
before the accident lets say u wanted to upgrade to a newer one.. u would get 2k trade in and say u find one for 10k u have to pay 8k... but if they total this and give u the 5-6k u can get that one for alot cheaper then... now i know we all dont have that money just laying around.. but sometime its worth it to try and work it out... now wouldnt it be nicer to find one with a V8 with a locker.... :D
But then you have to pay the increased insurance costs. They don't just "give" you that 5-6k without making you pay them back.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
I agree, but when I got rear ended, and I claimed it, my insurance went up. Maybe it was a difference between our two ins. companies, and the fact that Mi. is a "no fault" state.:hissy:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
But then you have to pay the increased insurance costs. They don't just "give" you that 5-6k without making you pay them back.
well whether they give u the 5k for the total status or the 5k to repair it.. it wouldnt matter.. u would still be paying more...

but u pay a little more for the year its on ur record and get a better newer vehicle...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep shes gone, I don't think I will be getting another TB though. I can't find any decent used ones (went and looked at a ton today) mostly smokers vehicles, interiors stained and gross ect. And dealers aren't willing to budge much on their used inventory.

I did check out a brand new silverado regular cab short bed, out the door price was only 11,621. My parents have 3k on the GM card that they said they aren't going to use before it expires, so make that a brand new truck for 8,621 out of my pocket. Not bad if you ask me. We will see Im going to do some serious thinking tonight.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my girlfreind has a jeep maybe we could take that. I hear those trails can be done by a stock 2wd TB (from what I read in the forum) so i think the silverado could do it too.

Like I said, I havent made a decision yet, but I am doing a lot of pondering.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Id get another trailblazer.

Based off personal experience, its probably more reliable then a newer GM Truck. Parents have one, already had the lifters replaced, rough idle, little **** here and there. And this is a fully loaded LTZ as well.

IDK. The new trucks are hogs, IMO. i like my 360s..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts