Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. Been visiting your page for about 2 years figured i should just register lol.
Long story short I took this truck for a test drive for about 20 minutes (05 trailblazer next 4.2 4x4) I it ran perfectly fine. Except it was loud and windshield was broken. But had good body and paint. Got the exhaust and windshield fixed about a week later. Started to drive it about 45minutes to work and it was knocking by time I got there. Tried to see if new bearing would fix the issue turns out it had gear oil in it. (Based off the smell coming from the oil). So I decide to just drive it till it blew up... took about 2 years. Got another motor out of a 2003 Put a new oil pump and timing set in it. Started it up and it sounded like a desiel. I had heard pulleys and pumps can cause this noise so I took the belt off. The noise is still there. I dont have the exhaust hooked up yet. But it seemed to get louder after a minute so I shut it off till I could figure out what it could be. Is it possible a clogged oil port is keeping the new tensioner from working with this motor? Or could I have done something wrong with the oil pump or timing chain

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I fixed it! I took the valve cover off and it had very little oil in there. So I ran some seafoam threw it an let it sit for a couple hours and started it back up and the rattle is gone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts