Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I ordered my 22" rims online. I know that our TV's will take this size but I want to make sure I ordered the right offset and all too. Hope so I ordered them already, had to press the buy button before I lost the nerve. Here are the specs from the site. And a pic.

Wheel Specifications

Model - 916

Size - 22 x 8.5

Bolt Pattern - 6 x 127 ( 6 x 5.0 )

Offset - +35

Centerbore For Fitment - 78.1mm

Mine are black and chrome, the big star is black and everything else is chrome. Hope the pic shows. Also want to make sure Ive done my research right and that I need a tire size of 265-40-22. Will it rub ir will I need to raise? Any thing at all would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was thinking of that with the 20"s cause I had a lot of fenderwell showing but I had tires that were to small. I'll get the right ones this time.:duh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same issue different question. How much of a difference would it be if I got 265-35-22? I have a connect who can get me all 4 for 500 dollars brand new. While I make good bucks at being a comp. tech, I need to save where I can too. Or should I just spend the extra and get 40's, he can get those for 800? What I mean is will it effect my gas milage or anything?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
510 Posts
Ive had both sizes, i would go with a 40 series. Look around for some good deals online. I ended up replacing 2 tires when i had my 35 series, 40 series i just feel alot more at ease when driving. good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So today I ordered my 22" rims online. I know that our TV's will take this size but I want to make sure I ordered the right offset and all too. Hope so I ordered them already, had to press the buy button before I lost the nerve. Here are the specs from the site. And a pic.

Wheel Specifications

Model - 916

Size - 22 x 8.5

Bolt Pattern - 6 x 127 ( 6 x 5.0 )

Offset - +35

Centerbore For Fitment - 78.1mm

Mine are black and chrome, the big star is black and everything else is chrome. Hope the pic shows. Also want to make sure Ive done my research right and that I need a tire size of 265-40-22. Will it rub ir will I need to raise? Any thing at all would be helpful.
What site did you order them off of?
Thnx

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
Same issue different question. How much of a difference would it be if I got 265-35-22? I have a connect who can get me all 4 for 500 dollars brand new. While I make good bucks at being a comp. tech, I need to save where I can too. Or should I just spend the extra and get 40's, he can get those for 800? What I mean is will it effect my gas milage or anything?
youre already losing out a bit on fuel economy, acceleration, and braking distance because of the 22 inch wheels, i know. however, the extra 300 bucks can be looked at as an insurance policy for the rims you just purchased. i paid 890 for a good set of 265/40/22's and have no complaints, plus it looks better in my opinion. the 35 series looks a lot more like a rubber band low profile piece of garbage, not to knock those who have them, i just couldnt manage, especially on michigan roads!

looks like im a little late on this one, looks good though!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.