Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have been to Canadian Tire twice and still don't have the right part.

I have an 05 TB I6 and it does have the 7-pin with the spring-loaded flap and I'm trying to find the right wiring harness that fits it.

They told me I needed some other type so i got it, find out it doesn't fit, so i went back then they said I had the wrong one and i needed this other one instead so i picked that up and now it doesn't fit into the spring loaded flap. So now i'm coming to the experts.

Here are the pictures of what I got. I'm I missing an adapter to fit it? or does thing look like the completely wrong again? Any help would be great since the store obviously has no clue what they are talking about.

It park # is 85262 and the package says its for 02 and up TB, so it makes me think I'm missing a part

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
OK. Removing frustration is my specialty. Your pics are almost worthless, so you need a camera (not a cell phone toy) to get some in-focus ones.

But first, tell me your real problem. Your vehicle has a 7-pin connector with the flap. Sounds OK. Do the internal contacts look like this when you lift the lid:

If so, your vehicle is set up OK.

Now what do you need to plug in there? A trailer? Does the trailer come with a light connector already on it? How many pins (actually one male pin and six pinch forks) are in the cord? If it's 7, then that's a standard that should already fit. The cord end should look like this:

Some trailers have various kinds of 4, 5, and 6 pin connectors. If so, show us a picture of that connector. One of the most popular adapters goes from a 7-pin vehicle to a 4-pin trailer, and looks like this:

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
Believe I got mine at CT too. I got a 7 to 6 adaptor and a 6 to 4 adaptor. For the most part I keep them together cause my two trailers are 4 post. I have it this way cause sometimes I pull a Rockwood Trailer with a 6 post. can post pics if you want. When the adaptor is in the flap should hold it in if not stay in its upside down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Alright, well its that time of year and i want to move the jet ski out of storage, i don't have the trailer here but i know it had the 3 prongs and the receiver, so it should be the match to this

Here is the connection from the truck

PS. That was with a real camera lol... I just suck with technology, hell I was even impressed with myself that I even got it to work for that LOL

So the over all problem is I can't get one of these

to fit in that

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
So the over all problem is I can't get one of these to fit in that
Those things REPLACE the back guts of what's on the vehicle, so they're surplus, and can be taken back to CT.

All you need is a simple:

Uhaul has a light-up version:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are awesome, thanks.. Ill be going back to CT again now lol.. I thought i got the wrong thing again..

Grrrr

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up one a few months back that adapts my 7 pin TB to both 6 pin round and 4 pin flat for $18. The 6 and 4 pin connections are mounted side by side so you have multiple options with one adapter plug. I'll get a pic to post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to CT and took back that harness again and there were out of stock on what i needed. Where did you find the interchangeable one at? Cause that would be perfect for what i need.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
55 Posts
John,

Did you try Princess Auto on Exeter Rd? They have more trailer parts then Crappy Tire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perfect, I try wal-mart.. I'm done with Canadian Tire, its a gong show to trying and get accomplished in there.

2 trips later and still don't have the part.. oh well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
John,

Did you try Princess Auto on Exeter Rd? They have more trailer parts then Crappy Tire.
Nope, I live in the North End so I always forget about them way down there.. good suggestion cause they never crossed my mind, it not to ofter I venture down there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts