Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone try it? did it work? Does the pre 06 system actually use alpha-n or is it a SD program? Can the 06 MAF system be run in SD and use the 2-bar, just scale the injector k-value? I am looking at making a procharger D1 kit and need to know if i can make it work. I have plenty of experience with HPTuners as well so only comment if you have actual info
Gary

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I know EFILive (and I assume HPT) cannot rescale the MAP sensor in the 02-05 P10. Ive know of one member who installed a 2 bar out of a Cobalt SS s/c and got it running by halving the spark tables. They are not a true alpha-n or SD system, its some weird GM hybrid deal.

06-07 P12s you can just change the MAF limits and leave it there, no problems. Honestly Im not sure why no 06+ guys arent turbo'ed or supercharged yet, its actually doable vs the 02-05 which is a PITA. And I looked at swapping a P12 into my 02, but the BCMs are different and apparently it'd be way to much work.

If you need me to test anything on my 02 P10 Id be happy to, just dont have any $$ and not looking to put any more into my 02. Bought my SS because Ive wanted it forever and I can boost it easily.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i figured, thanks. I have done 2-bar on a couple LT1s by halving the spark and VE, and scaling the injector constant and it works awesome. And with HPT pro with wideband mapping its a matter of a couple hours and its done. If i dont do the procharger it will be getting a GT4202 in a matter of time anyway. I think i will just give it a shot when the time comes since i can build a tune to do this in a matter of 20 minutes, and a MAP sensor is only $65

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Yea, not that easy with the P10 sorry man. Ive got EFILive and believe me Ive looked over the tables enough times if there was a reasonable way I would have figured it out by now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts