Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
96 Posts
Smoked Taillights :p May as well remove the bulbs and write sue me on the the back of your vehicle.
Rich Man Poor Man becomes Poor Man Rich Man :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Really? Are you gonna take THAT stand? ? "I thought this forum was to help with TB and Envoy enthusiasts? I'm giving opinion to original post, having just done the exact thing this person is thinking of doing. I thought I would chime in with a legit answer and hope for a group hug. I hope my post helps with his/hers decision. "

The real "legit" answer is to not help someone commit an illegal action that may cause someone to not see you or you to not see them and cause an accident or even loss of life.

Rules are good - and if everyone obeys rules, then there's a lot less confusion - and people would still have their rights to enjoy.

FWIW: RIGHTS are not necessarily LAWS or RULES.

Rules keep society nice - 1) don't vomit on the dinner table, 2) don't kick your neighbor's children no matter how much you want to.

Laws are things like 1) don't set your neighbor's house on fire 2) don't drive with bald tires,

Rights are like 1) you can swing your fist as far as you want until you hit my nose 2) you can practice whatever religion you want - unless it involves throwing virgins into volcanoes because virgins are in short supply and besides it infringes on their rights to not be tossed into volcanoes.

So before you get all "pontificate" over YOUR RIGHTS to drive blind, think how YOUR dark headlights affect other people and quite frankly, I don't care if you can see or not unless it causes you to come across several lanes of opposing traffic on a dark and rainy night 'cause you can't see where the hell you're going.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
96 Posts
The real "legit" answer is to not help someone commit an illegal action that may cause someone to not see you or you to not see them and cause an accident or even loss of life.
Yep Some People are a few Fries short of a Happy Meal
Many times i see smoked tailights and resist the urge to slam into them on purpose as the light is so dim you would easily Win a Lawsuit , only thing holding me back is that my luck someone would Die and it would be me .
I guess it takes a lose of life to get through to someone or suing the Hell out of them to wake up and see the Safety concern.
Play Stupid Games Win Stupid Prizes So They Say :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
114 Posts
Minnesota is not as anal as cali
The DOT has minimum requirements for a reason. They have spent countless man-hours, and plenty of manufacturers, and your dollars to do the research. People complain about government waste, yet they make it worthless.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
114 Posts
Thank you for your answer! that was what I was looking. Not if I was illegal in the state of California.
There is a dangerous quote. ". . . that was I was looking (for?)." Too many ask questions of others, when they really want is someone to agree with them. Then take that and run with it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts