Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance noticed the other day when we were driving down the highway there was smoke coming from one of the ac vents. THis was while the ac was on i might add. There was no odor and it only lasted for about ten seconds. I pulled over lifted the hood and it was all okay in there. So I was assuming this was just some kind of fluke. Well it happened again today taking my little boy for his 1 yr shots which we were behind on. Again no odor, and since i had my son i turned the ac off and it stopped. Turned it back on and no smoke. Its not coming from all vents, just one of the middle ones. Not heavy smoke, it is just a light seaping smoke with no odor.

I can fix cars fairly easily but hvac isnt my specialty. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks guys...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
sounds like condensation. (water vapor)
especially if theres no smell.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:iagree: Yes that is condensation more than likely. Your truck has cold air no doubt!:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a condensation drain on the air conditioner. Check the drain to see that moisture isn't backing up into the heater blower.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies.
My friend that went to UTI explained to me what it was and it is condensation as everyone says, its from the humid air.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If you turn off the ac, but leave the blower on, about 1/4 mile or so from home it might help the fluid to evaporate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts