Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 TB 4x4 with 80,000mi. The transmission always upshifts slowly, either while acceleratiing slowly or wide open throttle. The shifts just seem to take longer than they should. They also seem to occur later then they should. On light throttle 1-2 is about 20mph, 2-3 at about 30-40mph and so on. The TCC also locks up very slowly and doesn't seem to lock solid. Any ideas?

·
Registered
gmc
33 Posts
Hmm thats funny mine does the same thing.

:m2:I have a 2004 TB with 80k miles and it has been getting worse about shifting. I have noticed the same problem with the delay in the shifts reguardless of acceleration speed. I have had the truck thorughly checked and the engine and tranny are fine. The only thing left is the PCM. I have had mine tuned once before but had to have a re-flash at the dealer because it died. Ever since then the truck runs like crap. Never had a problem before so I think im off to get a price for a PCM.
:m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,321 Posts
Why don't you guys try disconnecting the battery for about 45 min (if you haven't tried this already) to let the PCM reset back to original factory defaults.

Not saying it will fix it, but it's easy & FREE :yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
968 Posts
The dealer will tell you its normal. I've owned several GM trucks over the years with the 4L60E, every one of them shifted slow, or "hung" between gears in normal operation. The only time it'll shift fast is on hard acceleration. It's a quirk of the transmission. My understanding is that the only "fix" is either a shift kit or a tune.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,782 Posts
I went camping last year on a really dusty road. Once on the Highway I got on it and she didn't want to shift like normal. It took longer to get to the shift point and then finally shift. I got home and discovered an extremely dirty air filter. Cleaned it and the problem was gone. :m2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.