Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Thanks Mike for this product, its thick and strong! well for anyone that wants one, get it! well here are pics. at some point when i have mor time, i'll paint it, but for now, i'm not gonna worry about it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you get yours yet?
and if you have the time, i'd paint it first

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Yeah I have it, just haven't had any time to put it on. I will have to go buy a can of black paint before I do any of my install though. I want to paint the front spring spacers black as well before I put them in.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Thanks, Foosh!

I really need to put it somewhere that I offer gloss black powder-coat for $20 extra... I didn't do it in the GB because it would have been too much of a PITA with so many orders at the same time, but in dividual orders, I can do it... If they were steel, it would pretty much be mandatory, but while aluminum does corrode, it doesn't "fall apart rust" like steel does over time... Almost a year later (through the winter salt), mine's just a little bit dull is all... being dull doesn't really hurt anything, and I figure it's under the vehicle, so... eh...

Mike

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Mike,

If you ever went into bigtime production, you should call your company the Skidplate Mafia. It's so darn catchy! I hope you don't mind, but I'm already telling people my skidplate is by the 'Skidplate Mafia'. My fabricator asked about it, and when I told him, he replied "Sounds cool, they do good work. I'm going to have to look them up." :rotfl:

If I have some free time, I'll try to sketch up a logo for you. :undecided

·
3,700 Posts
Mike,

If you ever went into bigtime production, you should call your company the Skidplate Mafia. It's so darn catchy! I hope you don't mind, but I'm already telling people my skidplate is by the 'Skidplate Mafia'. My fabricator asked about it, and when I told him, he replied "Sounds cool, they do good work. I'm going to have to look them up." :rotfl:

If I have some free time, I'll try to sketch up a logo for you. :undecided
HAHA, that's awesome!!

I had been/was going to use Roadie's "Mike's Trailvoy Armory", but I've also got an early S-10 Blazer, and it seems that nobody makes a skid plate for those vehicles, and there are a TON of them out there, and a TON of guys 4-wheel them... If I start making plates for them, I'd hate to have the company called "trailvoy" anything... I think I like the Skidplate Mafia better... Or it could be called "Skid Plates for Vehicles that Nobody Wants to Make Skid Plates for Company"... Na, Skidplate Mafia is better... :D

Mike

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Looks good, this is one of a couple things i need to get for sure, just got to wait on some cashola.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
looks awesome. are the holes already there for mounting or did they have to be drilled. call the company skid plate mafia and the product line the trailvoy one

·
3,700 Posts
Thanks guys!

I understand the money thing... Wife's still laid off and looking for work, and we're still at -10% here at work for another month or 2 probably... Jobs are here in house, and we're busy, but the profit comes in the last 1/3 payment after install + net 30...

The skid plate uses the holes and captive nuts meant for the stock plastic shield... They're M8, so they're plenty strong for this application. This is purely a plug-and-play... I even provide the stainless hardware...

For more information, see the sticky thread from the (past) GB at the top of the off-road forum...

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might take mine off after tecore and have it powdercoated black... along with the hub spacers

·
Registered
29 Posts
what about "Mike's Armory" or "Offroad Armory" or you could always just call it "TANKS" lol sorry thinking out loud:weird:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts