Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I am on vacation for the whole month I figured i would finally get around to putting in some more emergency equipment in my TB. So I put in the speaker today, mounted it sideways (and yes I changed the magnet rotation for the drain hole) from the cross member that supports the windshield washer fluid resevoir. It is similar to the same location of the whelen speaker that is made for the TV bracket, but sits an additional 2-3 inches farther back from the bumper. I am planning on mounting the siren amp under the front drivers seat, since I have a whelen 295hfs01a that has the electronic "Q" function and horn ring switch. Plus with as little as I use it, the main function of it is just the air horn. So there it is "THE TEASER" I will post pics tomorrow. I just wanted to make everybody squirm with anticipation, cause I know i sure do when somebody does this. :crackup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
DARN YOU!!!!

I LOVE the sirens with the Q feature. They are awesome.

PICS!!! VIDEO!!! BOTH!!!!

NOW!!!

lol

Chris

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update....

Well I didnt get the install completed today :sadcry: but WILL! have it completed tomorrow. But since I know you all are sitting on the edge of your chairs, especially chris who just fell off and is now trying to see the monitor from the floor :dielaugh: since I dont have it done yet. I did decide to put up a few pics so you can get an idea of the direction I am going. Since I am not very good at posting picks I will do this the old fashioned way....

#1) is the siren head placed in the center console. I decide to place it here for two reasons. one I dont use it anyways since all it does is collect JUNK. and two because under the seat i found the abs control wire for the side seat air bag...I THINK THAT IS WHAT IT IS ANYWAYS.

#2) is the view of the speaker from the front through the fog light area. I dont have fog lights so it is just slats to try to make the bumper look full i guess. I was originally going for the grill but with the size of my speaker i worried about blocking to much of the radiator.

#3) is the speaker mount viewed from underneath the truck, sorry about the bad view but i couldnt get the camera far enough away for a better exposure. It is mounted with 2 aluminum l brackets to the bottom sippurt member for the windshield washer reservoir.

#4) This one is my favorite and my pride an joy. This is what i have to show for doing installs and de-installs on countless vehicles over the past 10 years.:woot: NO WIRES VISABLE! :woohoo:

I will post some more finished look pics tomorrow.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'm a little confused :confused:

Its a siren install, what exactly do you all want video of? I could see sound clips but video? Tell you what, you tell me what you want me to video and I will do my best. ;)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Video man!!!!

Like this (but hopefully longer. I need to update this):

I REALLY like your placement of the siren control unit :yes:

Keeps it nice and neat and out of the way. Good clean installs are the way to go! Can't wait toill you get it done. Nice work! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the video or hear the sound clips. Mine only has 2 selections (yelp and wail) plus air horn. Since I can't use a siren on the street, that's more than I need :p

Again, nice work!

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
nice.....i like the way you mounted that in your center console.....mine is....as you said....collecting junk.....

i can't wait ot see a vid (or at least a sound clip) of it

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, sorry guys I know I promised you these a few days ago but i got a little busy, But here they finally are...

I did mount the head unit in the center console, but am not quite finished with the install. I am currently trying to find someplace to buy 1/32 inch thick black plastic to give it a more clean look and use the factory screws that hold down the factory inset. Basically it will be cut custom to fit around the siren head. Also I included a pic of my dash light. I keep it stored just in front of the passenger front seat. The dash mount wedges perfectly under the center console to keep it in place. Also I didn't want to piss off all my ELDERLY neighbors so I couldn't get any video or sound clips of the siren but I have included a hyperlink that has all my siren tones...

(My siren head is a Whelen, and has the mechanical simulated tone, Wail, Yelp, Piercer, Air horn)

http://www.galls.com/techsupport.html#siren

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts