Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
It all depends on what you want it to do, and how it looks in your own opinion. Some love the single DIN units, and some like the double. I have an aftermarket DD headunit, as I personally like they way it looks over a single din.

Any aftermarket headunit is going to have more features than the stock unit.

Here's a shot of mine:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reason being is because i do highway construction and i need to find space within the dash so once i put in my strobes i can put the switches somewhere close by. My previous vehicle was an explorer:)nono:) and needless to say had to make major renovation to install the control panel. I think if i went with a single dinn the extra space will do perfect for a control box.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That would work as well. There's a whole forum here for Emergency Equipment, check that out if you haven't already. Some people have mounted switches inside the console too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I like these dd decks for some reason its all you can ask for in a dvd stereo and the fact that it just replaces the factory is great. I did have a 7" flip but some punk kids broke in and stole it but didn't even get the face plate :no: So here is what I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
single dins are usually cheaper, plus i think they have better audio controls.

where as the dd units are usually a TFT LCD for DVDs and NAV.
:iagree: i miss the audio controls of my single din unit but the double dins do look nicer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.