Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a clicking or popping noise that comes from the front end passenger side. It only happens one pop at a time so I don't think it is a CV joint issue. It seems to happen at mid-speeds - maybe 20-45 mph and when turning slightly. You can actually feel something in your feet on the passenger side when this happens.

I have replaced the swaybar end links, which got rid of the loud clunking noise when going over bumps. This noise was happening before that replacement and obviously still is.

Any thoughts on what it might be and how I could verify it?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
me too!

I have the exact same problem. I have 06 2wd does the same thing. I can actually feel some it the pass. floorboard when it does this. I crawled under to take a look and did some prying , but i can't seem to find anything that is abnormally loose.
If you figure this out before I do please let me know what you did too correct the problem and I will do the same for you.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
1 Posts
Did you solve this problem?

I replaced my swaybar links front, wheel bearings, one tie rod and both struts.
This morning I took off bushings and greased them but still have the same exact
sound as you. Thanks

I have a clicking or popping noise that comes from the front end passenger side. It only happens one pop at a time so I don't think it is a CV joint issue. It seems to happen at mid-speeds - maybe 20-45 mph and when turning slightly. You can actually feel something in your feet on the passenger side when this happens.

I have replaced the swaybar end links, which got rid of the loud clunking noise when going over bumps. This noise was happening before that replacement and obviously still is.

Any thoughts on what it might be and how I could verify it?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
captgarysr

check the steering knuckle on the pass side .... it will cause a noise when turning slightly:):crazy:;)

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Knocking noice when making tight u-turn

Dealer tightened the bolts on my running boards and the knocking noice went away. Hope it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts