Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a simple fix that I could do to make the power to the cigarette lighter / adapters turn on and off with the engine? I'd prefer to leave my phone charge plugged in all the time (just the charger, not my phone) but it has a red LED that will stay lit at all times. Not sure if this is a concern (heat from being powered all the time or battery drain) or if you guys think it's fine to leave it in at all times?

Below is a link to what I have plugged in but I can't find any info as to how much power the LED consumes...I assume not much at all but I'd feel better if it would just power off when the envoy is off.

http://www.kensington.com/kensington/us/us/p/1411/K39224US/powerbolt™-micro-car-charger.aspx

Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
16 Posts
I agree, unless you already have a bad battery the amount of power from an LED will not kill or drain your battery. I have a 2006 Chevy Express as my work truck and I leave my work phone and charger plugged in over 3 and 4 day weekends with no problems. I also leave my laptop plugged in and charging in my work truck as well and haven't had any issues with it starting right up. If it really bothers you though you can always rewire it and install a simple 4-pin relay.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Do all of the auxiliary/cigarette power outlets stay on after turning off the ignition? I just installed a dash camera, and want it to turn off when i turn the car off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.