Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was adjusting (the computer seldom seems to 'keep' the side view mirror adjustments) the sideview mirrors with the joystick and it 'dropped' down into the door, just a hole there now.

It is an '02 LTZ Trlblzr with a most of the bells and whistles (heated seats, etc) and I've never taken the door panels (assuming I would need to) OFF.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Can anyone suggest a good thread (I searched for mirrors and joystick) that might help me fix it myself (short on cash, out of work, boohoo, ;^) and get it working?

Appreciate any help, thanks!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,102 Posts
Did just the joystick fall in? or the small panel it attaches to also? If just the stick you will have to somehow re-attache it with super glue or something similar.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the quick response.

I'm looking at 'just' the hole in the door where the toggle/joystick used to be. The part that has the arrows on it for direction, all gone into door... so I guess all of it fell in.

I wondered if there was some small 'nut' that screwed under it and that had undone? But I guess I will have to take off the door panel to see.

I've found a couple of threads about replacing speakers "AND" they show some of the door panel removal... is it particularly hard? I've done a lot of basic work but no cosmetic stuff (brakes, versus upholstery, so forth - wife says I'm too impatient for pretty).

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,102 Posts
I'm looking at 'just' the hole in the door where the toggle/joystick used to be. The part that has the arrows on it for direction, all gone into door... so I guess all of it fell in.
the part with the arrows might not fit into the hole. That probably just fell outside if the door was open or it's on the floorboard or under the seat

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,065 Posts
the part with the arrows might not fit into the hole. That probably just fell outside if the door was open or it's on the floorboard or under the seat
:iagree:

Doors are not difficult to take off. Just follow the instructions on thread for replacing door speakers. Some plastic pry tools would help.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks...
LMMJ, hmmm, that is correct. The window wasn't open and I've got to ask my wife 'where the darn piece' went ;^)

I've got some work coming up... the 'exhaust manifold' gasket is leaking (I hope it is just that, tick tick tick until warm)
New Bilsteins going on...
The HVAC that has a twin on the other side, being replaced (not the 'single' hvac)
Rear brakes...
Will do some myself, some at a good mechanics... :bonk:

GREATLY appreciate the help and this great forum!!!

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
1,003 Posts
Thanks folks...
LMMJ, hmmm, that is correct. The window wasn't open and I've got to ask my wife 'where the darn piece' went ;^)

I've got some work coming up... the 'exhaust manifold' gasket is leaking (I hope it is just that, tick tick tick until warm)
New Bilsteins going on...
The HVAC that has a twin on the other side, being replaced (not the 'single' hvac)
Rear brakes...
Will do some myself, some at a good mechanics... :bonk:

GREATLY appreciate the help and this great forum!!!
The tick tick tick could be the fan clutch, i've heard that many of times.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=19604&highlight=ticking+noise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.