Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How had is it to remove the side body mouldings on the doors? i like the clean look without them... just double sided tape correct?? i got the emblems off and all polished up where they were... just leary about the door mouldings.. thanks Guys...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome try using the search function above this has been discussed a lot.

But yes it is a double sided tape. Carefully take fishing line and run it between the moulding and the tape not the tape and paint or it will scratch the paint like I did on mine:duh:

And then use some goo gone or bug and tar remover and work to get it all off, then buff out.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
How had is it to remove the side body mouldings on the doors? i like the clean look without them... just double sided tape correct?? i got the emblems off and all polished up where they were... just leary about the door mouldings.. thanks Guys...
def do it...great difference

i used a blow dryer around the edge...then slid fishing line between the plastic and the body untill i was able to get my hand behind it...then pull and repeat

before

end

good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
def do it...great difference

i used a blow dryer around the edge...then slid fishing line between the plastic and the body untill i was able to get my hand behind it...then pull and repeat

before

end

good luck
that looks sick i was thinking bout doing it to mine but i dont know if i wanna cause i will mess it up im sure lol but i really like TB's better with them off

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
that looks sick i was thinking bout doing it to mine but i dont know if i wanna cause i will mess it up im sure lol but i really like TB's better with them off
its not hard at all...how far is easton, pa from reading pa? cause i go to school in reading, we could meet up and i could help if youd like cause idc as long as its not to far

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also wanted to take the moldings off but I'm not sure if I will like the look of my truck with them off.

I'm in the middle with the idea because the trucks above are all the SWB TBs and its looks sick with the moldings gone, but I have the EXT and I'm not too sure on how it will come out.

Some crazy woman keyed my passenger door over a parking spot :hissy: and I'm getting the paint fixed soon and was debating on getting them taken off then or not.

Anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
its bout an hour and a half away its close to allentown
Wow, you're really close to me! I live in Quakertown, but drive past Easton every day to work and back on 78 :yes:

Maybe we'll cross paths sometime. But yeah, the molding is easy to remove. Mine is color-matched, so I left it on there. Too many parking lot idiots around here :hissy:

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
Wow, you're really close to me! I live in Quakertown, but drive past Easton every day to work and back on 78 :yes:

Maybe we'll cross paths sometime. But yeah, the molding is easy to remove. Mine is color-matched, so I left it on there. Too many parking lot idiots around here :hissy:

Chris
that's the only reason i haven't removed mine yet......

I was thinking about colormatching them maybe.....it might make it look a little better than the smokey gray plastic it is now.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I also wanted to take the moldings off but I'm not sure if I will like the look of my truck with them off.

I'm in the middle with the idea because the trucks above are all the SWB TBs and its looks sick with the moldings gone, but I have the EXT and I'm not too sure on how it will come out.

Some crazy woman keyed my passenger door over a parking spot :hissy: and I'm getting the paint fixed soon and was debating on getting them taken off then or not.

Anyone have pictures?

mines not an EXT but its the same color :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts

Chris
that is really close lol but im not sure what i wanna do they look sick without it but im not sure yet im waiting on rims and tires now so we will see what that looks like then go from there and i wanna take the badges off the back how long does it take to take the side and back off???

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
that is really close lol but im not sure what i wanna do they look sick without it but im not sure yet im waiting on rims and tires now so we will see what that looks like then go from there and i wanna take the badges off the back how long does it take to take the side and back off???

I did my rear badges in about 20 minutes. Same way the molding comes off :yes:

Let me kow if you need help.

Chris

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
Welcome try using the search function above this has been discussed a lot.

But yes it is a double sided tape. Carefully take fishing line and run it between the moulding and the tape not the tape and paint or it will scratch the paint like I did on mine:duh:

And then use some goo gone or bug and tar remover and work to get it all off, then buff out.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I've been thinking about doing this and removing the roof rack. I have the same exact color TB and am running black wheels with an SS lip so it looks almost identical to yours. I've been persuaded! :D

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
148 Posts
debadgeing

a lot of people like to heat up the 3m tape i just used fishline and 3m yamaha lube adhesive remover it takes time don't just getting the res off or it will look swirly and scratched.

·
Banned
1,604 Posts

Chris
:iagree::iagree::iagree: thats the reason why i left mine on there...because going to school you dont get the smartest people and they could care less when opening the door with there old a$$ beat up car and will nail the car good lol and its color matched so y not

1 - 20 of 20 Posts