Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the stuck on with clips or are they put on with adhesive? Want to make the truck look smooth but dont want to take them off if there are going to be wholes in the door! Thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
they are put on with an adhesive. most people dont have issues with taking them off, but there are a few things worth considering...

1. that area of the truck has never seen the sun while painted, so it will be a different shade, especially if your truck is a bit older.

2. a few members have removed the molding, only to find that the rollers used to heat/apply the molding pressed too hard, leaving a slight indentation where the molding once was. no amount of waxing and touch up paint can fix it, but if youre able to live with it, so can we!

3. be sure to use solution thats easy on the paint, a few members have used a screwdriver to get it started, haha. another even mentioned trying to use a brillo pad to get the adhesive off, haha. he was thoroughly upset when he jacked up the paint.

these things considered, the final product is usually an improvement over the oem molding look, good luck!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I thought they were on there with pop rivets. There were about 12 rivets on both my side moldings and rear badges.

Oh, wait. Never mind, they were just stuck on. I learned that in a search :)

Chris

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Mine came off the 2nd day I had it, just from sitting on the lot there was a lot of grit collecting under and near the adhesive. I like the look much better without the molding. I started the pieces with the toothpick part an E-Z flosser that had some how found it's way into the garage. After that, the Texas sun made short work of softening up the remaining adhesive.

here's a tip, the adhesive comes off much easier if you pull/stretch the end as if trying to slide it backwards.

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
I thought they were on there with pop rivets. There were about 12 rivets on both my side moldings and rear badges.

Oh, wait. Never mind, they were just stuck on. I learned that in a search :)

Chris
:rotfl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts