Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally decided that today was the day that I would remove my side molding ont the TB and the removal its self wasnt bad, just a little WD-40, dental floss and a little bit of force and they popped off with ease. Cleaned off the right side with a little bit of goo gona and there were only a few places left that were noticible, nothing a good buffing wouldn't fix but when I got the the left side and tried to repeat these same steps, I noticed a big discoloration.
At first I couldnt figure out why but then I remembered that I had my left side painted becuase someone keyed my car, so the area that was covered by the molding is lighter then the rest of the left side. I havent had a chance wax yet, not until tomorrow but this doesnt look like it can be solved with waxing. Should I just put the molding back on? :undecided I would post a pic but I'm at work and the bosses blocked photobucket :( Sorry about the paragraph, I'm sure I'll here about it later. ;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
281 Posts
when i demolded mine..the side molding was kinda bent and there was no way to put it back on perfect. i would suggest just getting a qoute on repainting the door. but post some pics and maybe someone will chime in.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
103 Posts
Thats pretty noticeable. Id reccomend painting it. I bet a decent shop could just blend that without doing the whole door. Just going off price in my area, but i bet you could get it done for around $200ish. Yeah that sucks, but id rather do that, than leave it, if it were my vehicle anyway.

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek:For fear of getting swatted by Garfield...How much did re-painting it cost ya?
I now have a fear of Garfield too:) But it cost me a little less than $600 to get them painted, but that included a bumper touch up too. I think I'm gonna go get some quotes from shops after school.

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I called the dealer to see how much a new set of molding would be and I got told it would be over $400 for all of them and then I got a quote from a paint shop to have them repaint my doors and I got quoted $395. I guess removing my side molding was a expensive mistake :hopeless

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn, that sucks..sorry to see a mod go bad like this..:sadcry:
Yea me too, but I guess theres bumps in the road when trying to mod.

:iagree: They say hindsight is 20/20, but you forgot about the re-paint job until after you de-badged! I would claim a senior moment haha!:sadcry::grouphug:
Yep when I debadged the back, everything was fine and when I removed the right side, everything was good too, then I started on the left side and thats when I remember the paint job :sadcry:

Looks like ghost moldings.
Yea it kinda does, I wish I had ghost stripes on my hood instead of on my door :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.