Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Seattle area, I puchased a 2008 Trailblazer 3SS AWD on Dec 27th 2008. On march 1st 2009 a performed a sudden maneuver to aviod an accident. I was traveling normally following this maneuver (approx 35 mph at time of deployment) only seconds later my side curtain airbags deployed. The passenger side deployed rapidly and the driver side deployed as if in slow motion. I think I was in a state of shock, first thinking someone fired a weapon at my vehicle. While attempting to pull back the airbag to see to turn left, I then brazed a curb with my right front tire that puctured the sidewall at that time. G.M. has conducted thier own investigation and has concluded by telling me that I had experienced a near rollover situation. This is absolutely false and a far cry from a near rollover. The time dely from the sudden maneuver does not make any sense either. G.M has denied me any assistace. I am certain that this may happen to me again. The vehicle has been sitting at the dealer since March 2nd with a $4,000 estimate for this airbag joke? I have since replaced the tire, the only damage that occurred and after the fact at that. I also come to find out that I am not alone in this type of incident and G.M. has offered no explanation nor will answer any of my questions other than stating that thier system functioned normally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
airbag deployment

does it have Onstar (I am assuming it does) did they contact you after deployment?
Yes onstar responded faster than the airbags did (which was immediately after the deployment) which was seconds after the abrupt turning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts