Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will make Roadie happy. :laugh:

Almost exactly 1 year ago I lowered my TB about 2" using rear ground force w/air lift and front TBSS struts/springs. It looked good but rode like sh*t. I felt like cheech bouncing down the road in my lowrider and it wasn't really that low. Before lowering I had stock rear springs w/air lift and Smax spacers in the front (HD Bilsteins on the whole time). I've been thinking about going back and decided today was a good day to get r done. This will be the 5th time now that I've done this. :bonk::weird: It's kinda scary how good I'm getting at it.

Fronts done

Rear in process

All Finished :woohoo:

Back to the alignment shop to readjust everything again.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
well mine just went 3" higher then already lifted.. lol

looks good.. would love to see u actually off-road that thing... talk bout OC kicking into hyper drive.. lol

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your TB looks awesome. I'm considering selling mine for a 4x4. Keep up the good work.
Thanks.

well mine just went 3" higher then already lifted.. lol

looks good.. would love to see u actually off-road that thing... talk bout OC kicking into hyper drive.. lol

Damn! How much lift total?

Eh, I'm not into the offroading. Spacers in front are just to level it mostly.

Besides, I can't because it's

:D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:laugh: Thanks everyone. Drove it today and it so nice to roll over speed bumps w/o dragging the mudflaps. lol

It feels like it's riding nose high right now. Maybe the fronts need to settle or once it's aligned it might drop a little.

It just happened to be clean because I washed it a week ago. :cool:

Here's a couple lowered pics from the last year

http://images43.fotki.com/v1386/photos/4/41590/3295654/DSC01821-vi.jpg
http://images42.fotki.com/v1376/photos/4/41590/3295654/DSC01829-vi.jpg
http://images49.fotki.com/v1520/photos/4/41590/3295654/DSC03078-vi.jpg

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well so far, I'm enjoying the much improved ride. I took the TB on the road this week for work. I do notice the handling isn't as sharp as when lowered. I had it aligned last week and the front end still seems higher than before even with the rear bags aired up some. Maybe I need Z71 rear sprngs? :undecided:undecided:D

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't researched the Z71 springs much but how much lift do they give over stock? I don't want it to have a rake!

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I believe the consensus is 1.3". That might give you a rake, but you could always get MarkMCs top of strut .75" spacer to fix that:D. Have you measured ground to fender front and rear? Maybe it is an illusion because of the fact that our seats are angled to accommodate for factory rake. I thought my nose was when when I first lifted.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a couple pics I just snapped in the garage. It's hard to tell here, it looks pretty level. I haven't measured yet. I don't know how much air is in the rear bags right now. I had them set at 20 psi after I lifted it back up but haven't checked them lately.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts