Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bagged their Trailblazer with Air Ride Technologies Shock Wave and Cool Ride rear? Or any other aftermarket air suspension setup? I'd like to know how's the ride quality and what's your total drop from stock? Also can you share some pics of your air management setup(i.e. installed location of the air tank, valves, and compressors).:thx

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
i think ive finally thot of a way to go lower than 4 inches in the back...its gonna be a lil more in depth than jst replacing springs bt still should work

Spohn adjustable upper and lower trailing arms (to keep the axle centered in the wheelwells) and a 2 inch notch to the frame with Slam Specialties RE-7 bags

as well as a relocated mount for the panhard bar

the biggest bitch is the rear doors need to be cut and notched (eliminating the child lock feature)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
ya right majestic...except im not getting into the doors or the floorboard..im jst trying to have a low static look ya know. prolly gonna run re8s if i can fit them. gotta question maybe ya will know tho..do ya have to run spohn?? y not jst an adjstable bar from sd.com or even a nonadjstable from sd.com. cause i dont feel like spendng 500 bcks on a full set of trailer arms. btw i wont be running air managemtn eithr ill have a schrader valve on it that way i dont have to deal with management. hopfully that 8" bag will fit that way i can get a softer ride. btw i pm one gy and emailed the other to ask how there link set ups are that they are running

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,149 Posts
The adj. arms will help put the axle back in the correct spot instead of pulled forward. You may hit the inner wheelwell if you don't. When you notch the frame the drivers side will have to be bigger in order to clear the panhard bar.

·
Registered
266 Posts
im saying tho alot of ppl think of spohn when they think of trailering arms...well i messed with quite a few bagged trcks and know how four links work which is pretty mch what our suspension is...and in the sport trck part...we didnt use no spohn ****. i really kinda think everybodys close minded to them.
i wnna know whats the difference between a set of non adjstable spohn bars and these

or adjstable spohns and these..besides the difference that sphons adjst from the middle.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,149 Posts
As for the panhard bar go ahead and use the SD adj bar. That way you can make sure the axle is centered at your ride height. If not you'll push it too far to the side and hit the fender. Dosn't have to be Spoohn, hell you can make your own if you want. Just that there isn't too many options for these pieces out there for our setup.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Like Dave said you dont have to use Spohn arms.. you can custom make them yourself or have someone make em for you..

only reason I suggested them was because they are the only ones that have adjustable arms for us...

bagging the front is easy... its the rear that can get a little on the hairy side

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im just saying I think it's ridiculous to pay that price for. Bars unless it's for racing. And my tb is Not going to be bagged I'm just using a re8 or 7 to go lower than four inches since u can't get a spring lower than 4 or cut a 4

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
how are you saying your not gonna be bagged when you say your gonna use RE-8's????:weird:

last time I checked those are bags :duh:

and I wouldnt cut springs thats the dangerous and ghetto way of doing things :m2:
Sorry.....just haven't heard of that word in a long while.......LOL...... "GHETTO

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,383 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.