Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get those sport tubes from westin i think it was but its basically impossible for an ENVOY, so I may have to change that idea to the step tubes.

Anyone have Chrome ones I can see pictures of them installed. not the brushed metal types.
Also any info on price and a good place to get them. Wish I could still get those westin sport tubes. I really dont want things hanging way off the truck.
thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy
107 Posts
mine are a gm option for the TB. (got them at dealer cost around 425.00, because of other issues i had with my new TB)
are those black plastic steps i see on the sport tube? or is it a shadow? iv actully have bot a step and sport tube, i like to switch it up every now and again but iv never seen one with a plastic step on the sport tube if thats what it is?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
107 Posts
I tried to get those sport tubes from westin i think it was but its basically impossible for an ENVOY, so I may have to change that idea to the step tubes.

Anyone have Chrome ones I can see pictures of them installed. not the brushed metal types.
Also any info on price and a good place to get them. Wish I could still get those westin sport tubes. I really dont want things hanging way off the truck.
thanks
was it the mounting bracket of the sport tube that didn’t mount up to the undercarriage of your envoy? I am not real familiar with the carriage screw hole location of the envoy in comparison to the location of the TBSS or even regular TB screw holes but I am guessing it should be pretty close, there wasn’t any way of attaching some kind of heavy gauged of angle iron or some kind of custom cut piece flat iron to the bracket itself to give you more options for mounting? I know the bends of the brackets are somewhat oddly bent but if it was just a matter of needing a few more inches one way or the other just so that you were able to get the eye-let of the bracket to line up with the screw-hole of the undercarriage?.... there's got to be an easy remedy for that, if that was all that was needed to make them work for you. check out my profile page iv got a few different angles of both the sport tube (all chrome) and the step rails with the black plastic steps (also chrome) both of them are from westin, iv actually had the sport tube up for sale on Craig list but no buyers, and to help out a fellow Trailvoy member id sell one or the other, id be happy with either one on my TBSS, so if you could get one of them to work for you id be willing to part with witch ever one it was! good luck and let me know how it turns out for you!
:cool:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
107 Posts

thanks
one more lil piece of info, you like myself didnt really want the side steps hanging off your ride, neithern did i thats why after i got the side step that gap between the step of the tube and the bottom trim skirt was way to big for my liking, so.... lets face it there really isent a huge need for steping assisstance into an envoy, rite? unless its for the independent 5yr old or an elderly person most average people can get in and out pretty easy, its mainly for thelove of doing a cool mod and to give it a nice cosmetic look, so to my point i was getting to about the gap, i used thick heavy grade washers and 2 inch longer carraige bolts in place of the ones that were sent with package. buy placeing the washers betwwen the bracket and screw hole i was able to recess the gap about 2 1/2 to 3 inches, witch looked way better then having them stick all the way out like they did, only downfall was by doing so i did lose some of the stability do to the fact that the bracket was not setting plush up againist the undercarraige. still with a good strong wrenchen of the socket and sum heavy duty lock tite its not going anywere just kind of sags an inch or two when a 200lbs person steps on it for that breif second befor getting in, but it bounces back with ease. not real sure how you were wanting to use your step rail but that gap can be cleaned up and looking nice! my profile has a few good pics of it!

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,349 Posts
are those black plastic steps i see on the sport tube? or is it a shadow? iv actully have bot a step and sport tube, i like to switch it up every now and again but iv never seen one with a plastic step on the sport tube if thats what it is?
yes, those are black steps. those tubes are a GM accessory option thru the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts