Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

I have a 2006 TB LT 4.2L and enjoy keeping it on the road in great shape. I find myself replacing parts I can manage to change out with an amateur skill set. I also like to replace parts that I "feel" are 70 to 80% through their lifecycle before a check engine light goes on or something. (That's the theory I like and the fun part haha.)

Question is, since I've never replaced the muffler and exhaust system or parts of it yet, should I slowly learn how to replace the parts of the exhaust or have it all done by a professional as I think it needs attention. Is an amateur able to do the work or is there new laws and "computers" that a professional should really do it all.

Thanks, I'm somewhat new to all of this but the trailblazer is a great vehicle and fun to fix up.

Andrew

·
Registered
2005 trailblazer_lt
108 Posts
Don't put a wrench on ANY exhaust nut or bolt unless your FULLY prepared for it to break or strip !

The only "computer" related part of the exhaust is basically the O2 sensors. If you've replaced an exhaust on any vehicle before - then you already know what to expect when working on a GM360 exhaust !

:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts