Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a new custom exhaust put on, a cat back with quad dual tips. I was going to through in a new High Flow Cat but I was unsure if I would benift from it with my 4.2 I6 I have a Flow Pro muffler installed now, I am really looking for that deep growl.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Two thoughts...

1) You are probably not going to get a "deep growl" out of the I-6. It just doesn't make the sort of sound that we're all looking for due to the design and number of cylinders.

2) The stock system already flows about the maximum flow, and increasing size generally decreases performance. Note that it is not the amount of "backpressure" as is often attributed to decreased performance, but rather the level of exhaust extraction, where one pulse carries the next with it. Make the pipes too large and you eliminate this scavenging effect, which is what actually hurts performance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
you should get the magnafloow direct fit cat. Felt the same performance w/ both the stock and the magnaflow cats. Its similar to stock only difference is its stainless steel.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So its a good idea to stay with the stock Cat, and yea I only have 2 dual tips. They cock out the edge of the bumper. See my Gallery

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Like your ride....

Do you have the item # on the cat?
THanks here it is.
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A4168A0A0.aspx

So its a good idea to stay with the stock Cat, and yea I only have 2 dual tips. They cock out the edge of the bumper. See my Gallery
unless you havre less than 80000 you can get your oem replaced. But the magnaflow is better due to its stainless steel longivity than some old ez chesey rusty cat pipe..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts