Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so long story short, i've been a lurker here for a while. I used to have an 03 tb, during that time i had a blast doing mods to it and ended up selling it (worst decision of my life).....anyways since then ive been looking everywhere for decently priced gmt360s.

theres one for sale here, ltz model two-tone paint in nearly pristine condition. its a 2002 with 208,000 miles. I am unsure of it's history....but i took it for a spin and sure beat on it and it runs flawlessly. no CEL's on, idles quiet, no major underbody rust, all options seem to work, 4wd....looks very well maintained.
they want $4000 for it....

yes or no?
i really want it haha

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
42 Posts
Well...

Looking at Kelly Blue Book it shows that a 2002 in "good condition" sells for $4600 up to excellent condition for $5100 with those miles.

I guess for me, it would have to be an incredible deal for me to buy it with 200K on the clock. All the risk falls on you. If a major component fails; engine, trans, air conditioning, transfer case, etc fails you'll be hard pressed to sell it for what you bought it for. Once repaired you now have more into it than its worth and with the mileage, its more than likely that one of those components WILL go bad. Ill play the law of averages. Basically they are asking full retail for the vehicle right now... in this economy, no one pays full retail.

To me, with that many miles, blue book is kind of irrelevant. I would offer what your comfortable paying considering their may be an "event" in the future. Remember no one tells you the bad...only the good. You find out the bad once you buy it...

If it were me, I would offer 3K as I cant imaging people are beating down the door for a 200K mile suv. Just mu $.02

I would also take the VIN to the nearest Chevy dealer for a service report. Get an idea of what has been done at the dealer. Car Fax is not always accurate so take it for what its worth if you decide to pull one. If they did not have detailed service records (oil changes, tune up, tires rotated, etc) then use this as leverage to negotiate the price. How can you be sure anything was done properly if there are no records?? If there are records, then close to their asking price may be acceptable with documentation.

Ask for service records, check for leaks (rear main, diffs, front and rear,valve covers, etc) burnt trans fluid, smoke on start up, Oil and trans fluid level. Look for bent frame or signs of accidents. Ask them to not start it until you get there, meaning a true cold start. Brakes, tread depth, etc.

finally, whats it going to be worth after you put another 50-70K miles on it? How difficult will it be for you to sell? 300K is alot more difficult to sell than 200k. It will probably be worth $1800 and thats not many more miles on it than you bought it for and you are now the second, third or fourth owner...

You probably dont need a new money pit. its only a good deal if you get it at the right price.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
15 Posts
I would never ever buy an envoy or trail blazer with that many miles. Im trying to sell my 02 slt envoy for 6000 $ with 115,000 and it has all the goodies

Theres listings for envoy slts in rochester,ny with 140k for 4,300$ and lower model envoy and trailblazers for 4000$

You really cant find a envoy or trailblazer for under 5000 with under 150k? On craigslist

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
15 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.