Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
OK, first off hello to everyone in this sweet forum. I am 100% on getting a TrailBlazer and have been researching them tediously for the last month or two. I've finally found one that is in my price range and want your guys' opinion on this purchase. I took it for a drive today and everything seemed good. Braking and accelerating were good, all electronics worked, heat & ac worked good, upgraded eclipse deck, and side step bars, and 6.5" TFT Eclipse receiver with DVD, nav, and backup camera.

Thanks for your advice! :thx

2005 LS
4x4
I6
87,000 miles

He's willing to go down to $11k at the lowest.

PS- Why can't I get pictures to load up like everyone else?!?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
309 Posts
You definately should buy it! It seems like a good deal, I have an 07 in the same color. Maybe it's that I'm just partial to that color, lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK good, that's 2 people with TB's that said it was a good deal...that just might be all the talking into it I need haha.

I love that color on it!

Thanks!

If I get it I'll make sure to post some better quality pics.

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
36 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for helping...maybe i'm missing it, but how did you change it to the different link (farm5...)

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
890 Posts
Thank you for helping...maybe i'm missing it, but how did you change it to the different link (farm5...)
Bo Tie SS is a Moderator and they can do pretty much anything. He has power to edit posts. If you need to add something to a post or combine info, ask a Mod to help and they can usually do it.

Edit: Nice truck by the way!

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Bo Tie SS is a Moderator and they can do pretty much anything.
I PM'd him with the info. Actually had to go back to the flicker site and locate the root .jpg files. He should be able to do it himself next time. :yes: :thumbsup:

Soooo....back to topic. :D

I vote YES. Get the Trailblazer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I PM'd him with the info. Actually had to go back to the flicker site and locate the root .jpg files. He should be able to do it himself next time. :yes: :thumbsup:

Soooo....back to topic. :D

I vote YES. Get the Trailblazer. :thumbsup:
Hahaha thanks guys...perhaps I should of googled "how to upload pics on a forum" lol.

Well my decision is made! I should officially own that truck tomorrow @ 5PM PST! :woot:

I'll come back with new pics....I have a feeling I'll be on this site everyday now :tiphat

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
With 87,000 miles ask if the Transfer Case fluid has been chainged that should be changed every 50,000 miles and will help prolong the life of your 4x4 also check in the glove box to see if it has a G80 locking rear diff (look for code G80) and may want to check what gears are in it. How do you plan on using the truck? go under the resources tab and you can print out a full list of RPO codes and compare that list to what is listed on the inside of the glove box or if you have the vin to to www.compnine.com and enter the vin into the vin decoder and it will give you a breakdown of the RPO codes on that truck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With 87,000 miles ask if the Transfer Case fluid has been chainged that should be changed every 50,000 miles and will help prolong the life of your 4x4 also check in the glove box to see if it has a G80 locking rear diff (look for code G80) and may want to check what gears are in it. How do you plan on using the truck? go under the resources tab and you can print out a full list of RPO codes and compare that list to what is listed on the inside of the glove box or if you have the vin to to www.compnine.com and enter the vin into the vin decoder and it will give you a breakdown of the RPO codes on that truck
Thank you....honestly I am just going to be using it to commute to work, but don't intend to do many things that require 4-wheel drive.

Sorry for being a little slow on this stuff, but do you care to elaborate a little more or possibly put your advice in layman's terms :D
I basically just want to make sure it is a fair price which, so far, I think it is....

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
if you are just using it to commute to work and don't plan on off road or towing then the gear size is not a very big issue or the G80 but it is still nice to have; The G80 is a locking rear diff so if you loose traction in one wheel the diff locks and sends traction to both wheels instead of one spinning and one standing still. There were 3 gear sizes availalbe in our trucks

3.42 - GU6
3.73 - GT4
4.10 - GT5

Looks for the codes GU6, GT4, GT5 on the sitcker in the glove box to know what gears are in the truck the 3.42 will give the best MPG but the lowest tow rating.

Have fun with the new truck:tiphat

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
Good looking truck, and I like that interior! Don't see that too often.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
I think I am the only disenter. The truck looks nice, the miles are decent but for that cash you should be getting a decked out LT version or similar. In other words all the options for a similar price. I wouldn't consider dropping 11k without leather, moon roof and 4x4 (even if you don't need it now). I say that living in an expensive vehicle state. To me the beauty of buying used is you get all those options that were very expensive when new for little or nothing in the used market. My Rainier has every option including the V8 (except the nav which I didn't want) and it was the same price as the lesser optioned models. It was like getting a bunch of free stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I am the only disenter. The truck looks nice, the miles are decent but for that cash you should be getting a decked out LT version or similar. In other words all the options for a similar price. I wouldn't consider dropping 11k without leather, moon roof and 4x4 (even if you don't need it now). I say that living in an expensive vehicle state. To me the beauty of buying used is you get all those options that were very expensive when new for little or nothing in the used market. My Rainier has every option including the V8 (except the nav which I didn't want) and it was the same price as the lesser optioned models. It was like getting a bunch of free stuff.
I really would like to get an LT or an older LTZ if the mileage was good, but I'm pretty picky about the color and only wanted the charcoal like this one or black and after looking for over a month I didn't have much luck in my price range... It is 4x4, but the moon roof would have been nice....the leather I don't really care about. And it has that eclipse dvd/nav/backup camera which saves me money b/c I would of have gotten an aftermarket stereo anyways.

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
Very nice truck. Maybe ask him if he has service records too. Make sure fluids were changed at correct times, you know stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts