Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listened to advice given from "The Roadie" to another member about purchasing shop manuals from ebay. I picked up a set for under $100.00. Even though one can get an imense amount of info from this site, particularly from "The Roadie", it is just amazing how much info there is in theses manuals. One repair will pay for the cost of these.
Tom

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,786 Posts
:iagree:

They are very informative. Really helps out especially when modding your TB. Very helpful and plan to purchase Helm manuals for any future vehicles I purchase. :yes:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Glad I helped out. I bought mine when I first got the vehicle because it was so integrated electronically, and the systems looked far more complex than anything I've owned before. And I tend to keep vehicles for 7-10 years when the warranty is long gone.

Only frustration is that about 1/4 of the pages are wasted because they show the same drawings for both DISASSEMBLY and REASSEMBLY of any item they're discussing. But the theory of operation sections are priceless.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
which one did u buy? got a link to the auction... roadie mentioned it before but cant find it rite now... and do they have one on a CD? cause i plan on throwing an extra computer outside and have some car programs on there... such as the manual (if they have it), tunning software, and stuff like that...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
476 Posts
which one did you buy... and do they have one on a CD? cause i plan on throwing an extra computer outside and have .... programs on there... such as the manual (if they have it) ....
Computers are wondeful inventions with many uses ( I am sitting in front of one right now) but BUY THE PAPER BOOKS !!!!

Ever have trouble searching a web site for exactly what you wanted? The bigger the file the harder it is. The GM/ Helm manual alone is three volumes, each the size of a medium size city telephone book. Chapter 8 alone has over 1,000 pages. What you need might be somewhere on a CD but unless you are searching for "Tool, Excacation, Manualy Operated" you will never find the "shovel" you are looking for. With a book you can turn the pages in the Ditch Digging chapter until you see a shovel. Can you make notes in the margin of a CD? Are you planning to get a waterproof, grease and dirt proof, solvent resistant computer that you can perch on a fender or slide under your Trailvoy to compare what you see to the picture? It had better be able to withstand being dropped onto the garage floor also.

How long are you going to keep your Trailvoy? I purchased my first automobile shop manual in 1971. That same year the first computer I used was fed data on punch cards. The first comuter I bought had cassette tapes to hold programs and data. The second computer I bought used 5- 1/4" floppy disk. The last computer I had ran 3- 1/2" disk. The computer I am using today has a CD drive. Eventually our machines are going to be so old no one is going to support them with what ever new technology comes along. The paper manual I bought in 1971 -- I still have it and it is still readable.

Or maybe I am just an old f*rt.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
no i got a paper manual.. but not one of those.. i will buy a paper one also.. but i would like to get both eventually..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts