Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt compelled to pass along some thanks for assisting me with my recent installation of Bilstein HDs on my 02 Envoy (110k). I read much on this forum (much of which by Roadie) to get me prepared and simply would not have been able to get the job done without the info on here (particularly to get the pittman arm puller at Advanced Auto...I'm thinking the project would be a train wreck w/o it). I was particularly concerned about compressing the spring, but all went surprisingly well...even though everything was rusted pretty tight. I even got that top retainer nut loosened using only the hex key and no grinding. The ride improvement is impressive and the labor cost I saved is significant. My advice to anyone with some level of skill/ambition that is considering this is to spend a couple hours on here, go get the right supplies, give yourself the bulk of a Saturday and just do it.

Thanks much!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Glad you succeeded. You're welcome. Now take 10% of what you just saved, go to Paypal, and just send it along to [email protected]

Just KIDDING! That's not our style. Enjoy the vastly improved ride. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts