Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the valve cover gasket on my 06' Envoy with a 4.2 then when I went to fire it up I got nothing. I have double checked to make sure I reconnect. The shifter is locked, there is no gear indicator displayed on the dash, and I've checked cable. I have checked fuses, not all, and I don't know what ones I should check.

I had the battery disconnect, when I disconnected the harness, and I didn't disconnect the ECU because I was able to move it out of the way. I suspect the problem is electrical or security related but I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
22 Posts
This is going to sound weird, but disconnect the positive cable only for about a minute, then reconnect it and try firing it up. Had that happen to me when I did the valve cover gasket on my 2002 envoy. I had the negative cable disconnected, when everything was back, I tried firing it up, NOTHING, then did the above, and Voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is going to sound weird, but disconnect the positive cable only for about a minute, then reconnect it and try firing it up. Had that happen to me when I did the valve cover gasket on my 2002 envoy. I had the negative cable disconnected, when everything was back, I tried firing it up, NOTHING, then did the above, and Voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts