Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten help here before, hoping to do so again.

2005 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4WD 4.2L 6 cyl

I have searched the forum for directions or assistance on changing the shift assembly with no luck, I was wondering if anyone could help? Preferably with pictures?

I have already removed the console, and ready to go.

Thank you in advance.:thx

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Shifter control replacement

Hey there. Not sure if you got it yet but I replaced my shifter just last week as I was unable to remove the key or even turn off ignition completely. Turns out, I slightly bent my shift lever and that prevented the release button from from popping up. The cable has a plastic clip to undo and then the cable end just pulls apart at the ball fitting. I believe there are just 4 screws that hold the shift control assembly. There is also a wire that runs to the shift handle on models with stablity control like mine. If you got the console apart, you can do the rest no problem. By the way, mine is an '08 but replacement is the same on yours.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Hey there. Not sure if you got it yet but I replaced my shifter just last week as I was unable to remove the key or even turn off ignition completely. Turns out, I slightly bent my shift lever and that prevented the release button from from popping up. The cable has a plastic clip to undo and then the cable end just pulls apart at the ball fitting. I believe there are just 4 screws that hold the shift control assembly. There is also a wire that runs to the shift handle on models with stablity control like mine. If you got the console apart, you can do the rest no problem. By the way, mine is an '08 but replacement is the same on yours.
Where os the shift lever? Im having the same problem, cant get the key out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts