Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys...I'm new to the board and hope someone can help me out. I own a 2002 Envoy.....

So we were driving back from our vacation and while going uphill at about 60 (w/ cruise control on), the check engine light flashed a few times and went off(along with the cruise control). The car didn't stop but stuttered a tad bit. I tried putting it into cruise again but nothing. I was able to finish the 2-hour drive with only one more instance of the flashing CEL, which went off. After getting home, I called a friend to bring his diagnostics doo-hickey to check it out and everything came back clear. Later that day, we took her for a ride and was able to put the car in cruise again. It's been a week and no CEL's or cruise problems, but since then, I've had a shaky idle and it takes a little more acceleration to get her going. I popped the hood today and saw the engine shaking, with a clicking noise coming from the top of the engine. I'm short on cash (like everyone it seems) and would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!!!

BTW, I just had the throttle repaired 3 months ago and I don't think that's the issue, as these symptoms are very different than what those were.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
describe the ticking...
the top of the engine ticks-- because those are the fuel injectors doing their thing.

With engine off-- grab the fan and see if it moves back and forth.
it should not.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Ok Rick, 2 threads, same subject, is going to cause you and me a whole lot of trouble.

I will work with you on one, but I'm not interested in bouncing back and forth.

Check your other thread for my suggestion.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
That's ok, gotta spank the new guys.

Your not the only to have done this, and I'm not sure there are any rules.

Just my personal likes and dislikes. I just don't want to keep track of the answers in 2 threads.

Motor on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.