Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Trailblazer LS. Only had it for less than a month with 43,000 miles. On my way to work this morning the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. It would not stay on constantly but would blink 20-30 times than quit for 10-20 seconds than blink for a short while again. Never would blink no more than 40 times. but than quit for a short duration. The vehicle seems to be still runnning fine. no rough idleing or anything different. What could it be? May stop by Auotzone on the way home to get them to check the codes. Just blinking intermittently, willl they be able to get a code?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
if the service light blinks... that means to stop the vehicle and turn off engine rite away... there is a rather critical problem that may cause more damage if driven any farther...

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:iagree: I believe Roadie can handle coming up with a good pic on reading your owners manual about the flashing cel. :D But yes do not drive anymore until the codes are read and fix the problem.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Flashing SES means misfire which equals stop driving immediately, its really bad on your engine.

Get a scanner hooked up asap and tell us the codes.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome, but I have to mention that a month is plenty long enough to read the manual cover to cover to discover the URGENT WARNINGS the GM lawyers made them put in there. :tiphat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys had it towed home by a friend, but stopped on the way home at autozone. It was a misfire on the #6 cylinder. Found a wire chewed into last night :mad: and spliced it with some heat shrink wrap around it. works greta now. Thnak you. Had the same thing happen to my Dodge truck last week. I got some Dcon last night and leaveing it under the hood of my vehicles overnight. :raspberry: They ate some of it last night. :suicide: Lets hope it works. One more thing. They had another code that was ot in their computer it was Po493 "Fan Overspeed" Can anybody help out with that. The SES light is not on, but that did come up last night when they checked the codes along with the misfire. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
fan clutch might be going out on you. does it ever roar on start up?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Yep, that's usually the fan clutch. If it roars very occasionally and the code was 'Pending', you may be fine. If the clutch stops with the 'valve' in the right position, some fluid will leak into the cavity which is used to engage a higher speed rotation and result in a mild roar at startup. Provided it goes away within a few seconds of accelerating you're most likely fine....unless it does it all the time or takes a while to settle down to a slow speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope no roaring. The guy at autozone said something about one of the codes pending. No light today so I hope everything is good. I will keep an ear out for the noise for the clutch fan.

the Roadie - IF you will please read my first statement, I said less than a month. I was rounding off, but I can give you the exact date if you would like it. I did not think it was relevant. I do not have a manual yet, but I am in the process of getting one. It has not arrived yet. The car did not come with one. SO PLEASE, be careful with the comments, before asking why one has not read it yet. Thanks for the welcome

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
the Roadie - IF you will please read my first statement, I said less than a month. I was rounding off, but I can give you the exact date if you would like it. I did not think it was relevant. I do not have a manual yet, but I am in the process of getting one. It has not arrived yet. The car did not come with one. SO PLEASE, be careful with the comments, before asking why one has not read it yet. Thanks for the welcome
Again, welcome! I assumed you poked about on trailvoy.com a bit before posting, but in case you didn't, let me point out our wonderful "Resources" tab above. Behind the curtain, there are PDF copies of almost all the manuals. And if we're missing your model, just download a similar one.

You can also poke about in the GM web site and discover a link to http://gmownercenter.yahoo.com, where you can sign up and also download a manual in PDF format.

Or get one on Ebay in hard copy. Sometimes they're available. I just can't imagine buying a vehicle and not having a copy of the manual that day or at least in the first week.

But you're right - the bigger problem we have is newbs who HAVE a manual and refuse to crack it open like reading it is hateful homework.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I have not been able to poke around much. I guy yesterday told me about the web site so I registered and asked. I am a member of Dodge.com as well and they help me out with any issues concerning my Dodge Ram. Hope to poke around this weekend, but I will find the PDf for my TB there and start looking at it while waiting for my hard copy to keep in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts